Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:38 PM

Re: Segregation

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well it seems to me leavers are simply to be ignored , are ignorant, stupid, thick .... are a second class citizen from what I can see, there vote counts for nothing , they are simply ignored so why not go the full way ???
Are you showing your true colours here, or attempting humour?
Just asking...

Edit: just seen your new thread and all is clear, ignore my question!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:41 PM

Oh dear, I feel a storm brewing.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Are you showing your true colours here, or attempting humour?
Just asking...
Humour ? Me ? Never , I’m simply stating facts ... point to me ANYTHING in my appraisal of the past two years in the above statement I made ? As for my true colours they are red white and blue , 24 years military so don’t even go there .... my colours were and never will be yellow and blue
I also own property in Bulgaria , a house I bought in 2007 before it joined the EU .. and have a fair amount of £££ invested in it so if anything I should be a remainer but we digress , we were asked a question and we gave an answer .... everything ever since has been done to thwart our answer hence my cynical stance but as we all see brexit slipping away please please don’t think for one moment we will simply shrug our shoulders and go for a cup of tea and forget about it ... they started this and I think it will take generation or few to forget about it as all faith in politicians has been lost already
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:23 PM

Although the concept of apartheid is an anathema to us all, I have not doubt that marmaduke was highlighting the possible problems of civil unrest over the next few years created by this most contentious, heart felt of issue which is splitting the country into some hard line factions.

One can only hope that a civil war doesn't erupt.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:26 PM

I’ve been a Brexiteer since 1989 ... farage took 17 years to get a referendum ... this isn’t a flash in the pan idea ... and too have democracy taken away from us .... who knows where this will lead ? But one thing is for certain .... the fight is only just begining but fight we will
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:36 PM

Perhaps, we should all be branded as well?
With either L or R branded onto our foreheads. It would stop people cheating and trying to get the best seats!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I’ve been a Brexiteer since 1989 ... farage took 17 years to get a referendum ... this isn’t a flash in the pan idea ... and too have democracy taken away from us .... who knows where this will lead ? But one thing is for certain .... the fight is only just begining but fight we will
It is indeed a strange area we are in We look with disdain at other countries which have (recently) been or continue to be in a state of civil war. And yet, we appear to be on the verge of starting to walk along our own path towards one.

One of the most valuable aspects of the EU is how we have not taken up arms against each other. There would be a cruel irony if the UK ends up taking arms (hopefully only metaphorically) within itself.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

17-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Perhaps, we should all be branded as well?
With either L or R branded onto our foreheads. It would stop people cheating and trying to get the best seats!
Or perhaps we should ban one side from being allowed to vote. I think we need an insightful pop star to enlighten us
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:54 PM

Two new words will be included into the Oxford Dictionary next year.......Brexcist and Remainophobic...and like Racist and Homophobic, discrimination against either party will be made illegal and frowned upon by the Snowflakes.....
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

17-01-2019, 11:13 PM

The only people too vote from now on will be snowflakes , democracy in the uk is dead , parliament shot the fox and will never recover from this now , change leaders , change mp’s , promise everyone a £1m year pension but no one will ever ever believe a member of the House of Commons again ... forget brexit as that is of secondary importance in this fight now ... this is now showing that the people we elect and some would say over pay and privilege have disregarded the very people they are supposed to serve and that was bad enough in the bliar years , bad enough in the expense scandal years ... bad enough in the austerity years but now ... words fail me ... project fear and it’s potential financial damage in the short term overiding the fact ( and it is a fact) that FOREVER once out of the EU to have YOUR VOTE MATTER as your mp will be free of European laws and courts held by faceless unelected beurocrats ...I could weep ... our one chance of freedom and the silver spooners have shackled every child , every as yet unborn child FOREVER to find voting is a simple waste of time as Europe actually runs everything and you will never have any say in reality , that’s what remainers short term selfish view has done and those who can see this will never ever forgive them

Ironic the very people we voted brexit for , to give power back to OUR OWN SOVERIGN GOVERNMENT kick us in the teeth and give it back to Europe !!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top