Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:43 PM

Re: Valentines Day

I always said to my partner " don't do anything for Valentines day" and I did this for several reasons.
1) If he needed a special day to show he cared, I didn't appreciate it. If he had picked a bunch of daffodils from the garden, to stop them being battered by the rain , on any other day it would have meant much more!

2) Valentines day is a bit like Mothers day, where all the people who buy flowers are charged well over the normal price. I used to take my mum out on a nice spring day to say "thank you for all you have done "... and we didn't have to queue.

3) I really don't like these special days, that are purely designed to make more money from the public, when you can give them a treat any other time!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Nobody lubbs me.

Nor me . .

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I always said to my partner " don't do anything for Valentines day" and I did this for several reasons.
1) If he needed a special day to show he cared, I didn't appreciate it. If he had picked a bunch of daffodils from the garden, to stop them being battered by the rain , on any other day it would have meant much more!

2) Valentines day is a bit like Mothers day, where all the people who but flowers are charged well over the normal price. I used to take my mum out on a nice spring day to say "thank you for all you have done "... and we didn't have to queue.

3) I really don't like these special days, that are purely designed to make more money from the public, when you can give them a treat any other time!
Agreed. Psychological blackmail and social conditioning. Woe betide if you fail to show your love and appreciation to that special someone on this one day of the year even though you've probably being showing it for the other 364 days.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nor me . .

Not even Gertie?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not even Gertie?

Oh you're such a heartless man Judsy.

Begrudging such lovely ladies here the price of a measly card.

Even Gertie got one, she must have a secret admirer.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Happy St Valentines everybody.
xxxxxxxx
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 02:12 PM

Roes are red,
Pepples are stone,
Here's a big shout out to those on their own
Think yourself lucky and try not to sob
Look on the bright side-
You're not with a nob.

(sorry to the romantics on here)
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 02:41 PM

How sweet of Mr. M, Mags!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Oh the elation and heartbreak when we were young, anticipating the cards and a little attention from the ones we loved.

When I was six, terribly handsome Casey used to pull my chair out for me in class and hold my hand during recess when no one was watching.

He was the man of my dreams until he forgot to bring everyone's cards to school on Valentines Day, leaving me shattered.

Every year, on this special day, I check the mail to find that my card still has not arrived.

Now forgive me as I curl up in the fetal position with wracking sobs trying to get over the man - who just couldn't be bothered.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 03:24 PM

I just got a Valentine's message from my friend in Spain! That cheered me up!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Me neither, but then I no longer have a man. Come to think of it, even when I did, nowt anyway.
When I had a dog, she lubbed me!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top