Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:50 PM

Re: Have you ever been on strike?

A couple of times. Ours was a closed shop so we had to `come out` in support of other unions. In the eighties the closed shop was done away with so we couldn't go on strike, just work to rule which we did every time that arsehole Scargill brought out the miners on strike. That is until the prolonged miners strike did away with that too.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:57 PM

I was always aware of people, more so than politics, there was so much to learn on a picket line.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:02 PM

So many people, with such diverse requirements, no wonder there was never concession.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
For the past ten years, just no one has noticed yet

Ah, local government obviously.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:12 PM

No I have never been on strike. I don't agree with stikes or Unions dictating to people.

In all the posts I have held the terms were made clear to me when I took the job and if I didn't like something I could leave.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-02-2019, 11:15 PM

Meg, you are missing all the promises made by organizations.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-02-2019, 11:16 PM

And the promises of representatives.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:26 PM

No, l have never been on strike at work.
I did when l was married, when l felt my husband and children were taking me for granted. It never lasted long though!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:08 AM

Yes was on strike over the usual money and conditions for 6 weeks back in the seventies, I used to do picket duty every day at 7 oclock in the morning for a couple of hours and barrack the black legs as they went through the main gate going to work,

then at half past 8 the kids would go past on the way to
school in their school bus, the bastards used to pelt us with eggs as they
past,
gor blimey if I could have got hold of one they would have got a thick ear.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 04:44 AM

Never been on strike basically because I was in the RAF for 12 years and striking wouldn't apply - besides I enjoyed it, so there would be no need to.

My current company is different though. They tend to make up their own rules to get their own vindictive and bullying methods across. I've seen many colleagues suspended or s
acked for seemingly trivial things as my company tends to shelve morale in favour of instilling some kind of fascist discipline to make their head honchos of each department feel proud and superior to us minions.
I joined Unite about six years ago just to have some kind of security if anyone above should decide to blame me for anything untoward or take me off my current job for no reason. An awful company to work for.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top