Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Re: Brexit

Originally Posted by Bread ->
5 weeks to go and the top 2 performing banks in Europe are Lloyds and RBoS

Well, fancy that ...

RBS bailout 'unlikely to be recouped' Royal Bank of Scotland's chairman has admitted it is "unlikely" the government will get back all the £45.5bn pumped in to the bank. Sir Howard Davies said restructuring costs, losses on loans and selling businesses meant RBS was valued at less than taxpayers paid for their stake.

Lloyds bailout; The government has sold its remaining shares in Lloyds Banking Group in a landmark moment for the banking sector almost a decade after the £20.3bn bailout of the high street lender.

Well fancy that.........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
5 weeks to go and the top 2 performing banks in Europe are Lloyds and RBoS

Well, fancy that ...
Hi

Unfortunately I constantly find myself at odds with your posts.

Whilst I am absolutely convinced that we need to leave the EU,it is important that the facts are right.

Lloyds and RBS are not even in the top 10 of EU Banks.

What I know about finance is negligible, it could be written in capitals on the nail of my little finger.

My offspring however and their friends are ace, it is what they do.

Hence the reason I will not be paying any Inheritance Tax or for any care costs.

A link to Lloyds profitability.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/bank...o-its-industry

My two have my money, I have a perfectly acceptable 3 Bed house, mortgage free, an income of over £30k a year after Tax, without working, which is totally untouchable and which will not count towards care costs.

In the event of a No Deal, which I am completely opposed to, I will be working for my son, Minimum Wage.

Four hours, one day a week, £400 a day in Fees, tax will be £80, so he gets £320 for his Taiwanese Company.

He will be paying my Tax here.

I am just an amateur at this, others will earn far more from Brexit.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnON ->
Dear Mr Speaker,
(UK House of Commons)

Unity could set us free but instead you’ve set us up to be a country of obscurity that doesn’t relate to you or me,
Why is the truth so difficult to tell from the green leather comfort of your wood panelled cell,
How come we’ve twisted what’s meant to be straight and promoted confusion as our number one trait.
Where is the logic ?
Where’s common sense ?
Your rules are ironic and cause us offence.
Whilst the pedlars work out their policies to sell the faith of your people is burning in hell.
Dear Mr Speaker if only you’d listen and hear the extent of discord that’s arisen,
Dear Mr Speaker whilst you sit in your seat,
We’re being led into mayhem by the fools at your feet.

Regards
wM

UK; "Please, please can we have an extension, we're terrified of crashing out"

EU; "An extension to do what precisely? Any one of us 27 have a veto remember."

UK; "Er.....thrash out a few things. You know, tie up a few loose ends....run a few things up the flagpole.....look, lets be honest: we aren't agreed yet among ourselves. Hopefully a couple of months will do, so we don't have to hold British Elections to the European parliament".

EU "Oh for gods sake!
So you still can't make your minds up? Are we going to go through all this nonsense again, with a new deadline in May? And then maybe you'll be asking for a few months more, and land our European parliament elections in a mess.
Look, go away for a year and come back when you have decided. We've got other things to be getting on with. A years extension or nothing, you choose.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately I constantly find myself at odds with your posts.

Whilst I am absolutely convinced that we need to leave the EU,it is important that the facts are right.

Lloyds and RBS are not even in the top 10 of EU Banks.

What I know about finance is negligible, it could be written in capitals on the nail of my little finger.

My offspring however and their friends are ace, it is what they do.

Hence the reason I will not be paying any Inheritance Tax or for any care costs.

A link to Lloyds profitability.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/bank...o-its-industry

My two have my money, I have a perfectly acceptable 3 Bed house, mortgage free, an income of over £30k a year after Tax, without working, which is totally untouchable and which will not count towards care costs.

In the event of a No Deal, which I am completely opposed to, I will be working for my son, Minimum Wage.

Four hours, one day a week, £400 a day in Fees, tax will be £80, so he gets £320 for his Taiwanese Company.

He will be paying my Tax here.

I am just an amateur at this, others will earn far more from Brexit.
a) Your personal circumstances are completely irrelevant to the national situation.

b) If they are as you say then that completely invalidates your political opinions and choices as they are only relevant if they have financial impact and consequences for your self. In your situation that is't the case.

c) No-one believes you anyway.

So you are either a bullshitting fantasist or are financially independent and in no position to preach your views on those who will be materially impacted by by yours and theirs political choices and activities.

Either way you can be dismissed as irrelevant.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
a) Your personal circumstances are completely irrelevant to the national situation.

b) If they are as you say then that completely invalidates your political opinions and choices as they are only relevant if they have financial impact and consequences for your self. In your situation that is't the case.

So you are either a bullshitting fantasist or are financially independent and in no position to preach your views on those who will be materially impacted by by yours and theirs political choices and activities.

Hi

Time will tell.

We must wait and see.

I sincerely hope that you are right and that I am wrong.
itsme
Wigan UK

23-02-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Unfortunately I find myself having to agree with you Moscow, although your comments are a little strong imo.
I was always taught not to 'brag' about what I had or indeed what I didn't have.

It is also probably "unwise" from a security point of view on a site like this to set oneself up for scammers. Something that I would have thought swims would have been aware of.

In addition, the constant reference to his pension which by the sounds of it comes from a life time in the civil service or something of that ilk that is being paid for by everyone else does tend to stick in the 'craw'.

Although I admit his understanding of the major downsides of brexit to be a major plus, having this in mind I don't understand his perseverance on leaving the EU.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top