Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Re: House for Sale on Private Island

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Nah Michael, it doesn't have a shower cabinet, only old-fashioned baths!! - besides which the rooms are far too large, would cost a fortune to heat the place!!! - there is a place I wouldn't mind buying though if I had the money, the Martello Tower out in Solent opposite Portsmouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEh0JQ8KngQ
I saw two showers in those photos UJ, one very spacious with its own built in seat.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 09:25 PM

I have my own private Island in Kerry, it's a land Island and very peaceful, the only problem I have is when I go out to the Village pub at night I find it a bit confusing getting back to my bed.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 11:09 PM

I can't find my way from the living room to the bathroom after a few Whiskeys, let alone through that maze.

There would only be one thing for it - stay in the pub all the time. Oh well, you have to make sacrifices.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 04:10 AM

It is quite a nice house, but it's slightly smaller than my West Wing, and I'd hate to downsize to such a bijou house.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
It is quite a nice house, but it's slightly smaller than my West Wing, and I'd hate to downsize to such a bijou house.
Good one Mollie!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
They've been doing it to me too Rena, somebody created a Wikipedia page for my second home! Little b*******.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balmoral_Castle
Your holiday home is better than mine OB - care to do a house swap next summer?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I can't find my way from the living room to the bathroom after a few Whiskeys, let alone through that maze.

There would only be one thing for it - stay in the pub all the time. Oh well, you have to make sacrifices.
I did stay in a Village pub all night in my younger days Jim, I had taken too much poteen and I fell asleep on a sofa, the landlady locked up and put a blanket over me, next morning she came down with a full breakfast, tomatoes, sausages, eggs, rashers, black and white pudding and fried bread, I turned green at the sight of it, my stomach was churning, I made my apologies and left, leaving a fiver on the bar for the breakfast. I crawled back to the hotel to face the wife, that's when the real action started.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 08:31 AM

This is my weekend cottage: The Kitchen is a nightmare though - no modern electric 'aids' whatsoever

.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186273-d214952-Reviews-Royal_Pavilion-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote by
Uncle Joe

Brighton UK

Today, 07:31 AM#18
This is my weekend cottage: The Kitchen is a nightmare though - no modern electric 'aids' whatsoever

Here is a picture of your weekend cottage?

oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 04:07 PM

I like what you've done with the place Joe!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top