Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Re: Christmas boxes

Love that Jemma,
We don't see anybody to give tips to, only the taxi drivers.
But I received a good tip from my gym instructor only yesterday, and she told me to open it as soon as I got home, well it contained a nice scarf, and a Wensldaly cheese and a miniature Cockburns port.
I thought that a well thought out prezzie, which was given for all the help I had given her over the year.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Re: Christmas boxes

Hi again, - DogLover the reason people tip hairdressers is that in the olden
days they were not well paid like they are nowadays. I remember when I left school at 15 I could either work in a office or a mill. I wanted to be a hairdresser so we asked about that and they only got half of a office wage and the rest had to be made up of tips. Plus you had to work all day Saturday. So I chose the office work instead for £3 a week and 45 hours work. The tips have passed down with the decades by the look of it.
My bin cleaner just does the household bin every fortnight. My recycling bin is always clean as you have to wash all your bottles, tins and jars you put into that. My garden bin goes out the same time as the recycling bin but they stop emptying that from October to April. They dont like bin bags in my town. Oh by the way its £1.60 for my bin cleaning so £3.20 a month. Its a job for a guy who has his own little business so I dont mind paying for the bin cleaned out. I spend more than that in 5 minutes at the bingo

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top