Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Your Job.

Did you (if retired) or do you love your job.? Confucius said, "Find work you like and you'll never work again." I have always loved my job of making jewellery and I never considered it to be work, the only work part of it was getting out of bed, getting there, and home again. I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones who's never done a days work in their lives.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 11:44 PM

Re: Your Job.

I am retired but did enjoy my work when I did it, the latter work I did I should point out.

My first job was being a manual labourer for various companies in the 60s and 70s which I absolutely HATED.

Then I bought my first business and turned it into a garage where I initially did everything, then hired a mechanic and just dealt with running the business, then sold that one and put my fingers into other pies (or businesses rather).

I am still a silent (shh don't tell anybody!) owner of a business but don't actually do anything except get money from it. Works for me
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 11:53 PM

I've just completed my 29th year in my current job, the last three being part time so yes, you could say I love my job, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed for so long.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 12:45 AM

My dad worked for the same company for 50 years and loved his job. He started out as a poster putter upper and ended up as head of administration. What he didnt know about the company wasnt worth knowing. Soon after he retired the company was bought out by a rival, he would have hated that.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 02:05 AM

Served my time as a seamstress. Made a decent living making wedding and evening dresses designed to spec. A little like "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" but with a little less money.
Yes I loved seeing the look on the face of my clients when presented with the finished garment.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 05:54 AM

!6 years on the coal face - didn't like it. 23 years on the chalk face - liked much of it but not all. Teaching 17 year-olds who don't want to know isn't much fun !
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 08:55 AM

I studied Electrical engineering at Uni and then worked in IT for virtually all my life. A great job - didn't exactly take me all over the world, but took me plenty of interesting places and paid a good salary (+ expenses )

Took early retirement at 56 and it was the best career move that I ever made.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 09:01 AM

Not working at the moment, I was made redundant now can't find work. My last job was a firm of Accountant and I was the only staff, but I loved it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 10:34 AM

I like my work, although would like less of it. Have been covering long-term sick leave for the past few months and really looking forward to dropping back to part-time in January! Then I think I'll love my work again.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 11:19 AM

I retired a few years ago but dont really miss working. I did like my job in telemarketing departments in a few massive companies. I took incoming calls as a sales person. Much better than the outgoing calls trying to sell things people dont want. I enjoy myself nowadays doing something I always wanted to do, that is Ancestry and on line its alot better nowadays than even 5 years ago. The information is transcribed from everywhere. I also like going to the bingo whenever I want to so my life is a happy go lucky teenager again. No worries and no money, but hey ho we do love life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top