Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 02:30 PM

Re: Your Job.

I was nanny for 12 years with the same familey yah i loved the children like they was my own
done that kinda thing for 25 years every cmas i still get phtos of the teenagers I was lucky to have spent more time with them than there perants i loved my job but retired erly due to my heart opp
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 02:58 PM

In my career as a builder I looked forward to every day, I loved the sense of satisfaction and pride in a job well done, which was just as important to me as earning a living.

My favourite day was Monday, as it meant a brand new week in which I could do it all over again and I never lost that thrill, but what amazed me most was the irony that since I retired, not one day has passed when I ever wanted to go back ...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 04:41 PM

I worked for Boots the Chemist till I was married then I did housework.After the children left school I worked in Bridal Boutique and that was good but the Bridesmaids were awful.I loved my job when I was at Boots. It was a special place for me.Very strict, not like today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 04:55 PM

I seems most folks liked what they did or do for a living, it's nice to hear that, it must be depressing having to do something everyday that you hate doing, I know it would depress me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 06:00 PM

Not work per se, a lot of which was tedious and boring, but evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays I worked in a neighbourhood Law Centre. After being made redundant from one job, I worked in the Law Centre pretty much full time. It was always interesting, never boring and always rewarding. Provided representation at courts and Tribunals across the South East up to and incuding representation at Social Security Commissioners and Employment Appeals Tribunal hearings.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2012, 07:00 PM

I was a youth worker for almost 40 years and (apart from the last three years before taking early retirement) loved every minute of it. It rarely felt like work and, although it was always challenging (I was working with teenage tearaways - drug users, gang members, etc etc) it was always fun. All my work was done for the same London Borough so I still get a real pleasure from meeting some of my ex-members who are now responsible members of society with jobs and families of their own. We were lucky enough to be on a final salary pension scheme so for the last three years I worked in Senior Management (something I had resisted for years) to ensure that my final salary (and hence my pension) was as high as possible.
Since taking early retirement, my wife and I founded a charity which now takes up much of our time - I've never worked so hard in my life!!!

Mick
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 03:47 AM

retired erly at 64 due to my heart
I was a nanny most of the time while in canada I loved my job
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 07:55 AM

I have loved every job I have had but when I started to get the feeling that I had been doing it long enough ( I love a challenge I just got up and walked out, even when I ran my own business I loved every minute until one day I thought, why am I working, I don,t need the money , I don,t need the stress so I just decided to retire, it was 10:45 am on a Tuesday morning when I said to the workforce, do you want to buy this company? I went home and retired and they bought the company after a couple of months, pleased to say it is still flourishing.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 10:50 AM

I have worked in the insurance industry for the past 34 years with various companies. I like the job but the travelling to London is getting me down now and I am looking forward to retiring next May.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top