Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 11:00 AM

It's the Winter Solstice...

Happy Solstice everyone

I think that natural events such as the Winter Solstice, and the Vernal Equinox, should be celebrated instead of Christmas and Easter.. At least, you'd know what date Easter was going to be on
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Re: It's the Winter Solstice...

I agree with you Grumblewagon - Christmas and Easter celebrations are a mix anyway. And - after today the nights will be getting shorter again - even though the worse weather is yet to come and it doesn't seem like it.

Edited to add@

And thank goodness - the World didn't end on the 21st after all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 06:04 PM

I agree with you too George, I think the 'Pagans' had the right idea, at least they knew when there was light at the end of the tunnel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Happy Solstice everyone

I think that natural events such as the Winter Solstice, and the Vernal Equinox, should be celebrated instead of Christmas and Easter.. At least, you'd know what date Easter was going to be on
I agree George oh joy the days get longer from today...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 07:29 PM

Being a pagan myself I have always rejoiced on the 21st, so by Christmas the excitement has already evaporated...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Being a pagan myself I have always rejoiced on the 21st, so by Christmas the excitement has already evaporated...
Really Barry can I come and dance around your holly bush clad in a white sheet then
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really Barry can I come and dance around your holly bush clad in a white sheet then
Certainly Meg, anytime...you can even share my sheet if you haven't got one that fits....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Happy Solstice everyone

Easter is easy peasy to work out, it's always the first week after the Passover.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Easter is easy peasy to work out, it's always the first week after the Passover.

I have to admit that the Passover is a bit of a pig to work out though.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Certainly Meg, anytime...you can even share my sheet if you haven't got one that fits....
What's this I hear, sharing sheets and dancing around a holly bush, ye Pagans, next you'll be sacrificing virgins on stone alters, get a hold of yourselves before the devil gets hold of ye!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top