Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 09:18 AM

Re: I am Back

Sorry to hear of your computer problems Arthur, but good to see you could still post on your other forums...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Sorry to hear of your computer problems Arthur, but good to see you could still post on your other forums...
I have an IPad Barry, but couldn't locate this forum because I had lost the www, I am on the IPad now because I picked you up on my desktop.
I lost some email addressses as well, so friends couldn't email, still picking up tips on this thing too, I am not the best when it comes to IT, I rely on my son to help.
With the IPad I am not very adept with typing, I have the shakes and spelling was all over the place, my son has fixed me up with a stylus, a lot easier now.
My typing is only one finger, but it is amazing how fast I can type, I quite often go on chat rooms which I used to hate, but typos on most chat rooms seem to forgive.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Good luck with the ipad Arthur, I can't cope with anything touch screen, I even returned the phone I got to try and went back to good old push buttons...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Good luck with the ipad Arthur, I can't cope with anything touch screen, I even returned the phone I got to try and went back to good old push buttons...
I didn't like it but now love it, you just have to persevere and it comes.
You probably had the same problem as me fingers too big.

Arfa
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Hi all, I am back after horrendous PC problems.
After spending £90 it had to be dumped, now working from a desktop.
There comes a point when a computer is not worth saving or even spending money on (BTW this is got a criticism or comment on Wrinkly's particular situation just a general observation). I am not sure exactly when that is but after only a few years most computers are so far out of date that they need changing anyway as newer programs start run ever slower and start clogging up the memory.

Let's face it all the hardware improvements with speed and capacity are soon swallowed up as the software gets more 'sophisticated' and bloated. But gee there is some brilliant stuff out there and so much good, free software too, it just costs money to try to keep up with it.

These chat groups can't afford to lose anybody that contributes to their content there always seems many lurkers but only a small proportion actually take part which is a pity.

I didn't like it but now love it, you just have to persevere and it comes.
I can relate to this; sometimes it is with good reason (Vista was a dog) but usually it is just a reluctance to change - can't believe how long it took me to leave XP and go to Win7, so stupid! But, while I do use it, I am not that keen on my tablet computer, much prefer a lap or desk top any day
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

23-12-2012, 03:12 PM

Bruce the PC that was dumped, cost £950 three years ago, because of the size of the hard drive, so it was well worth trying it for £90, never mind it has gone now.
The machines come with absolutely nothing on them, these days and it is all laptops.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 09:34 AM

Hi all, I am back after horrendous PC problems.
After spending £90 it had to be dumped, now working from a desktop.
It is on Windows 8 and it takes a bit of getting used to,
It is hard to teach this old dog new tricks.
I have a lot to catch up with, so will respond to posts as I get through them.
Any way have a great Christmas in case I get lost again.
Welcome back Wrinkly........Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top