Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 08:57 PM

It's Christmas Day at last!

Whhoooppee it's Christmas morning and Santa has been:

It's a cool Christmas morning only 20'C. Just going to wake the family (remember when they were little and you tried to keep them asleep for a little bit longer). Already been to the Vietnamese shop for the bread rolls and have just started to set up the tables for the BBQ breakfast in the garden.

Hope you all have a very happy Christmas day too!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 09:42 PM

Re: It's Christmas Day at last!

Lucky you Bruce. It's been taining for most of the day again here. All the fields are miniature lakes and footpaths are 3inches deep in mud. I'm expecting our little island to sink into the sea any time now !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 10:15 PM

What a lovely start to Christmas Day, Bruce

I hope Santa brought you something nice!

Enjoy your barbeque and have a wonderful day
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Merry Christmas Bruce, have yourselves a good one cobber...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Happy Yuletide!

It's a very "un day" here. Dry, cool, calm and a bit cloudy. Everything is a bit damp (although we escaped any serious rain) and the place is just - well, a place.

I've been up the garden to fill the bird feeders - they're probably empty by now!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2012, 11:13 AM

Sounds lovely Bruce are we all invited to the BBQ
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Well we are having the usual English rain( doesnt know when to stop) and with it the cold damp feeling. Have a lovely day with your family's.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 02:03 AM

we had a fanastic day tomorow were going to niagra falls were theres going to be our first hevey snow fall up to 10 is of it wev got snow tires on will take photos post when we get home on the weekend
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 04:59 PM

I suspect your Boxing Day is also over now, Bruce (4.00pm UK) ....... was it another BBQ day with sunshine?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I suspect your Boxing Day is also over now, Bruce (4.00pm UK) ....... was it another BBQ day with sunshine?
Well over Mags, Boxing Day was spent relaxing, no need to cook - too full to eat and there were still snags and bits left from Christmas day.

Actually the weather wasn't brilliant over Christmas and Boxing Day, Christmas Eve was 30'C but overnight there was some desperately needed rain and Christmas day was only about 20'C and overcast in fact I put a light jacket on at one stage in the afternoon. The weather didn't really affect our arrangements we still ate outside.

Can't really complain we needed the rain very much - the ground was bone dry with December only having about 40mm of rain. Sydney fared much worse than where I live, they had the wettest Christmas Day for 70 years

All in all it ended up as being one of the best Christmases (sp?) since the kids left home, even though one of my kids is away serving in the Gulf and my grandson was in Queensland. Talked to both of them on the phone during the day.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top