Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 06:29 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken at Rutland Water, Leicestershire. Right, that's Christmas over and done with, maybe we can get back to normal now. (Apart from the piles of food still waiting to be eaten!)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 08:58 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Morning to you Alan, and to all who visit later...

We had a smashing day at Retford yesterday with Mrs PM's sister and family, but this morning we are both laid low by stinking colds which have been creeping up on us for a couple of days, so we are just lighting the fire and curling up with a book for a while with lots of hot drinks and paracetamol to try to ease it...

Hope everyone enjoyed their celebrations and are not suffering too much through their excesses..

Have a great day folks..

Barry
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 09:18 AM

Hi Barry, we lived in Retford for 3 years while I was at Teacher Training College, we really liked it there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Barry, we lived in Retford for 3 years while I was at Teacher Training College, we really liked it there.
Yes Alan, a nice little market town with the picturesque Chesterfield Canal running through it. I wouldn't mind living there myself...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Good morning.....hey Alan, it's christmas day here again! My son and family are due any time soon
Have a good day all, wish you and Mrs. PM better Barry.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Good morning everyone. You are trying to make us jealous Alan, showing the sun on your lovely photos.
Limited transport yesterday but managed to get to my goal Big cheer for the free bus pass.
Hope everyone has a nice day. Hope your cold gets better Mr and Mrs P
Take care everyone
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 11:20 AM

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and that those with colds are soon better. There was/is some kind of cold virus going around here and nasty it is too, I am speaking from experience. Of course we always blame the tourists coming over from UK bringing it with them ! Now we just have to get new year's eve/day and the Spanish Christmas day (Jan 6th) over with and life can return to some kind of normality again. We don't venture out on new year's eve, at midnight when the fireworks begin, and seemingly go on for ever, means we have to try and calm down madam ChoCho who is absolutely terrified. There is no escaping the fireworks, they go off from every bar and restaurant, every town and village and the sky is simply full of fireworks.

The weather, well this morning it is very sunny but chillier than of late.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Morning all. Hope your day is going well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 12:10 PM

Good morning fellow members yet another grim grey rain soaked day and trying to get clothes dry indoors.

I was going food shopping this morning but have put it off until tomorrow, I hate having to go to the shops these days.
I feel like doing some cleaning so might wash the walls down in the kitchen. I have learnt to do what I can while I am feeling well.

Have a pleasant day everyone
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2012, 12:14 PM

Good morning folks.

Been up since 8AM (after getting to sleep at 4AM) so I'm running on 4 hours sleep and about 4 litres of coffee!!

I knew I shouldn't have had any of that Glenfiddich whiskey I got for Christmas, I feel terrible. Not really a full blown hangover as I didn't have too much (it's too old and expensive to waste getting drunk) but even a little was enough to bring back yesterday's hangover.

A few Aspirin and a pot of coffee later though and I feel somewhat alive.

Talking of alive, I'd better take my meds (I'm on so many you wouldn't believe).

Then after that I'll go out for the morning papers probably in the afternoon due to my... Headache - lets call it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top