Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 06:10 AM

Re: A weekend away

We're going away for 3 nights on Friday on a coach trip from Kettering to Torquay. 3 nights B&B and evening meal with trips out on the 2 whole days..............£153 each. We've been with this company before and they're very good.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:37 AM

Much to pricey for what it is ,£200 yes
My weekend away last year was less than £90 it included 3 course meal of the evening and breakfast.
It was an experience to travel on the coach the driver didn't know which was the air condition switch and had us sweltering with the heating on Full.
There was a mutiny on board before the driver stopped the bus and phoned back to base,to ask why it was so hot! ,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That sounds really interesting - but costly for a week-end.

I agree ST. I even wondered if it could be a misprint, but that's what it quotes in my gardening magazine this week anyway. Wonder if they'll get many takers?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Im going to disagree, take into account the facilities as well as the full board, must nearly account for half of the cost. Nice location, and a bespoke course over the two days, it really depends on what value you would place on the course itself. A nice treat if you can afford it, enjoy yourself you may never have the chance again.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Too costly. You could buy / read a few books and plant a forest for that kind of money .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im going to disagree, take into account the facilities as well as the full board, must nearly account for half of the cost. Nice location, and a bespoke course over the two days, it really depends on what value you would place on the course itself. A nice treat if you can afford it, enjoy yourself you may never have the chance again.

Did you look at the hotel website Nom? I agree, it looks a beautiful place, (think its around 14 acres), but as far as I understand, its only a 2 hour course, not a 2 day course. It also said that its only 1 dinner, so I don't know if that would be the Saturday night meal, or a Sunday dinner before you leave. Is that classed as 'full board'?
I admit it is so long since I have been away, that maybe I'm out of touch . . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-02-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Too costly. You could buy / read a few books and plant a forest for that kind of money .

Does that mean you won't take me now Mark?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does that mean you won't take me now Mark?
Dead right. I can send you a few cuttings though if you want.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-02-2015, 11:24 PM

Aah, I love a romantic bloke.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did you look at the hotel website Nom? I agree, it looks a beautiful place, (think its around 14 acres), but as far as I understand, its only a 2 hour course, not a 2 day course. It also said that its only 1 dinner, so I don't know if that would be the Saturday night meal, or a Sunday dinner before you leave. Is that classed as 'full board'?
I admit it is so long since I have been away, that maybe I'm out of touch . . .
Just the general website not the course. It does seem expensive at that price. Last time i was away B&B was £80, so i thought two dinners in the fancy restaurant and a weekend course was not that bad.

I would want a lot more detail before parting with my hard earned cash

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top