Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 07:09 PM

Re: My allotment

Sad day

Went to the funeral yesterday of a girl off the plot next to my one she was 51 she died of a brain tumor diagnosed last October told no cure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sad day

Went to the funeral yesterday of a girl off the plot next to my one she was 51 she died of a brain tumor diagnosed last October told no cure.
That is sad Galty sorry to hear it...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 10:12 PM

Sad day

That is sad news Galty, so sorry to hear that
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 04:05 PM

Getting ready for Winter.

Prepared bed for winter onions plant in about 2 weeks time have brought the sets also Garlic and Elephant.

One tomato has the Blight so stripe of all the other plants of green toms to ripen at home.

No sign of my Christmas Potatoes.

Still need a lot of rain so I can work the soil.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 04:21 PM

Getting ready for Winter.

Prepared bed for winter onions plant in about 2 weeks time have brought the sets also Garlic and Elephant.

One tomato has the Blight so stripe of all the other plants of green toms to ripen at home.

No sign of my Christmas Potatoes.

Still need a lot of rain so I can work the soil.
Your ahead of me Galty I am still picking runner beans so have yet to take them down in order to prepare the bed for the garlic which will arrive any day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 07:41 AM

In our little shop yesterday, for our new plot, I bought some onions, one garlic, a few peas and some broad beans.

We are continuing to clear the beds of weeds, grass and brambles, and much rhubarb (thinning all that down), and we still have some horse manure available on the pile, so when we've forked over the little bit of earth left in the beds, can get some manure down. Then, if we're lucky, have a new delivery of black compost due in a few weeks. Providing the idiots here don't order yet another horse manure lot in the meantime!!

Betti my neighbour is eager to get things planted, but in the meantime she picks the apples that haven't dropped.

I keep forgetting to take photos. Will do that today.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

26-09-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Your ahead of me Galty I am still picking runner beans so have yet to take them down in order to prepare the bed for the garlic which will arrive any day.
Most of the runner beans are finished on my site, bit of an odd year for them

Sets are going in tomorrow.

An aside which piss me off

As my allotment is near a Railway Station there are parking restrictions between 8.30 and 9.30.

After 9.30 you can park in the road by my allotment as I do some times with out taking the car into the allotment.

So Today parked behind my car was just passed the double yellow line and walked 30 foot to site.

Came back out and had a £55 parking ticket....It seems that between the double line and the single line about the length of two cars I parked in a notice of the restrictions of 8.30 to 6.30 no parking on the side I parked and 8.30 to 9.30.on other side.

Well pissed off.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

27-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Planted my Onion sets to day and paid my parking ticket £55

Ground is still very dry for this time of year, so very little weeding to do
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

13-10-2016, 05:04 PM

Rest of Garlic went in to day.

Sets were planted last week to dry to see any signs of growth except for the winter weeds

One bonus a plot holder next to me left left and she had a walnut tree have gathered up all the nuts for Christmas.

Rain at last have started to do my deep winter digging.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 08:03 AM

We have a walnut tree at the front of our allotment site but the squirrels leave nothing for the humans.

I must get round to planting my onions and garlic. Just not had the time yet.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top