Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Re: Ignorant people

What is your pet hate about ignorant people
.. hairdressers who keep you waiting for your appointment for ages while they chat, then don't apologise for keeping you waiting
..hairdressers who chat to fellow members of staff and other customers while absentmindedly chopping bits off your hair

I am currently looking for a new hairdresser
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
.. hairdressers who keep you waiting for your appointment for ages while they chat, then don't apologise for keeping you waiting
..hairdressers who chat to fellow members of staff and other customers while absentmindedly chopping bits off your hair
I definitely agree with you there, Meg!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Doctors who overschedule patients and run chronically late because of it!!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 06:39 PM

The man who sat on my bumper in the New Forest, then overtook when I slowed down to pass two mares and a foal who were stood on the other side of the road, I would have blared the horn at him but it would have frightened the horses.
Starlight
New Member!
Kent, UK
Starlight is female 

28-08-2009, 06:46 PM

I often have to transfer people to various departments, and when I say 'putting you through', if they don't say 'Thank you' I just wait until they do! If they still don't I say 'Pardon?' and they usually get the message
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Starlight ->
I often have to transfer people to various departments, and when I say 'putting you through', if they don't say 'Thank you' I just wait until they do! If they still don't I say 'Pardon?' and they usually get the message
Love it! Good for you! "Please" and "thank you" cost nothing......
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 08:22 PM

Thank-you all for your comments on this subject, please Claireanddaisy can I have one of each too when they go into produuction I anm sure you are onto a winner there ... I think a lot of the old principles need to come back into everyday living as respect and just plain good manners have all gone out the window....The hairdressers too I don't know if because of todays climate they are trying to do too may appointments in the allocated time but the last 3 times I have been I have had to wait 40 minutes for them to start on me and my appointments are booked up 6 weeks in advance so really it isn't good enough I would change but am quite happy with the way my hairdresser does my hair as I have had quite a few bad hair experiences over the years...
Thanks again
Sue
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Its all down to manners again - those who really annoy me are the ones where you hold a door for or move to one side to let them pass......stuff like that. Usually I say 'you're welcome' and they reply 'what?' and I say again 'you're welcome' - they don't half look confused Why can't they just say thank you-that's all it takes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Manners are taught at home, or should be .......unfortunately there are many in the current generation growing up without them and therefore have nothing to pass on to the next generation. I can't see it improving in the near future either
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

28-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Sigh. That is so true, Mags.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top