Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Re: Ignorant people

Originally Posted by merz ->
Its all down to manners again - those who really annoy me are the ones where you hold a door for or move to one side to let them pass......stuff like that. Usually I say 'you're welcome' and they reply 'what?' and I say again 'you're welcome' - they don't half look confused Why can't they just say thank you-that's all it takes.
i hate that as well. if i stand back to let some-one in or out of a door. if they dont say thankyou. i normally say in a loud voice A THANK YOU WOULD BE NICE.
it just seems lately that manners have vanished lately.
ok then theres the rude drivers. (dont get me started on that)
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 11:48 PM

People who stand right next to you when you're entering your 4 digit pin at the checkout! Seriously does my head in. As someone else said, manners cost nothing x
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 03:12 PM

My current bugbear, if you please, is drivers who don't indicate where they're going. I yell "What else did you get for Christmas???" but of course they can't hear me and wouldn't give a **** if they could. Of course, the majority of cars in my area don't have indicators as standard ...........

I beg your pardon as I go off fuming silently ............................... thank you.
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 05:39 PM

NO MANNERS!!!!!!!!!

And one that really gets me, which just beggers belief sometimes....

IS...........

People with pushchairs .who place the pushchair IN THE ROAD (with a child in it) to see if its safe to cross...
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 07:39 PM

We have loads of cars around here with no indicators and loads of islands so you have to be a mind reader to where they are going as they are usually in the wrong lane ....Oh whilst I am on about cars another bugbare is vehicles indicating (yes indicating) and then just pulling out on a motorway ....
Sue
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Ah,. . the mobile phone, you see them wandering about in a trance oblivious to all and sundry, I have one but I never use it unless it's an emergency.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
I work in a High Street Chemists on the Photograpic dept and my pet hate is when people come to the counter talking on a mobile phone thrust a reciept for photo work at you and keep talking no words to you are spoken I think it's so ignorant ...
Sue
You are so right Suey, can you not invent some query so that you have to put the receipt to one side until they answer you.

When at work I also used to refuse to put people on hold when a second call came in. In fact I never worked how to do it, for me it would be the height of rudeness to say "Oh I have to put you on hold" to me it would be like saying "I have a more important call than yours comming in"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top