Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Re: The clocks go back this weekend

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
This awful thought obviously bothered me yesterday and I think my brain has been processing it overnight.
I wonder if whatever Nero heard to start the ball rolling was ...

If we moved the clocks this side of the shortest day at the corresponding date on the other side of the shortest day, it would probably be this weekend or next weekend,

We have a few days in October, all of November and 3 weeks in December, leading up to 21 December under winter time - 8 weeks. Then we wait until the last weekend in March for 'proper daylight' to return - 13 weeks! It's just wrong, wrong, wrong!!! [B]If[/B there is a need for the adjustment, then it should be for a shorter period and the emphasis should be on giving us lighter evenings as early as possible in early Spring.

Grrr - I try not to get angry about things I can's affect but I'm afraid this is an annual aggravation to me. I've written to my MP and to other politicians who I know have taken up the cause but ....
I think it would be an excellent topic for a referendum. Let the people decide.
It was a mistake on my part DM, honest, the way some of them weathermen speak it's not surprising, anyways look at the pages this thread has climbed to.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 02:25 PM

The clocks go back this weekend

Its your own fault you should have kept up the payments.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->

Good one VM!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 04:40 PM

We change here on the 2nd Sunday in March and the 1st Sunday in November. So it's 8 months of Daylight Savings time; wish it were year-long .....
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:03 PM

Is there a Daylight Savings Bank, and if so, would they be committing Daylight Robbery???
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Is there a Daylight Savings Bank, and if so, would they be committing Daylight Robbery???
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Good one, Angie!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->

I didn't have the time VM.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top