Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 05:02 PM

Re: Nicknames

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Nicknames are funny things aren't they? Sometimes it's a family given name, sometimes friends and sometimes enemies. I used to be bullied by a boy who used to lie in wait for me on my way home from school. He used to call me "fat cheeks". My best school friend (whom I still love to see) and her mum still call me "Friar Tuck", but with affection. I also used to be called DON'T LOOK DANDYSMOM! "squirrel" at work. No idea why, but I didn't mind the name. I had a badge that read "Preserve wildlife, pickle a squirrel today!"
I WANT one of those badges!!!!! Love it!!!
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Never had a nickname - always wanted one because my friend at school was known as CJ and at the time I thought that was so cool! Spent so much time trying to talk folks into calling me something other than my own name. Probably didn't work as I kept changing it!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Merz is a family given nick-name-one of my neices once started calling me that and now it has stuck

My 2 best friends call me Ebbi after Ebenezer Scrooge because I don't like Christmas

At school I was called Buttercup because of my blonde hair-I took it as a compliment but they could have meant I was a weed

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top