Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Re: My Heating.

Swimmy, l think you should make a complaint to the manufacturer as the same thing happened with your heating system about three years ago, when the motherboard went then.
If it’s the motherboard that’s having to be replaced again, then there must be something radically wrong with the system?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, l think you should make a complaint to the manufacturer as the same thing happened with your heating system about three years ago, when the motherboard went then.
If it’s the motherboard that’s having to be replaced again, then there must be something radically wrong with the system?
Just cheap & nasty inverter boards Arty. Usual cost cutting palava.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Just cheap & nasty inverter boards Arty. Usual cost cutting palava.
Fender, l really rate anything made by German manufacturers but l suppose the components come from Asia?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:53 PM

Fender, l really rate anything made by German manufacturers but l suppose the components come from Asia?
Yep,

A lot of components are made elsewhere.
I don't rate this make at all tbh. In fact I don't really rate these air to water heat pump systems at all. They've just not mastered these yet and quite often underpowered systems are installed. They bang on about the supposed energy saving aspects (which are often hugely exaggerated) - but always forget to tell you just how expensive these are to repair when they fail.
If Swims village has gas, I'd out this and go back to gch.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:56 PM

Biggest con trick in the World is the talk about how wonderful German engineering is.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Biggest con trick in the World is the talk about how wonderful German engineering is.
In 1973, my mother bought me a refurbished AEG Lavamat automatic washing machine. It was still going more than 17 years later.

Other German made appliances that l have owned have lasted for years! it’s a shame l can’t say that about some of the British made appliances l have owned!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

24-01-2018, 10:18 PM

In 1973, my mother bought me a refurbished AEG Lavamat automatic washing machine. It was still going more than 17 years later.

Other German made appliances that l have owned have lasted for years! it’s a shame l can’t say that about some of the British made appliances l have owned!
They have got worse though Art. German engineering 'aint what it used to be.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They have got worse though Art. German engineering 'aint what it used to be.
Fender, That’s a shame! It’s a throwaway society now!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:05 PM

Yup, German stuff ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, especially their cars, it’s a perceived notion of reliability, but in reality it’s no more reliable than anything else.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 05:35 AM

Hi

It is a different board Art, the first one was inside, water damaged from the leak in the bathroom.

The Insurance paid for that.

This one is outside in the unit.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top