Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Re: Have you ever been lonely?

I've felt lonely at times but that's on me for not making the effort with other people. Think I'm a loner by nature.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 01:16 PM

There is now a Minister for Loneliness Tracy Crouch.
I wonder how she will solve the problem?

There are lots of disabled people living alone who never see a soul all week

They rely on TV for Company and some lucky ones do have a Computer

People where more neighbourly years ago although in Villages people still look out for each other

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
There is now a Minister for Loneliness Tracy Crouch.
I wonder how she will solve the problem?

There are lots of disabled people living alone who never see a soul all week

They rely on TV for Company and some lucky ones do have a Computer

People where more neighbourly years ago although in Villages people still look out for each other

I agree, flats can be lonely places but we've made a real effort over the years to foster a village feel. It only takes effort to create a community villages aren't only places can do it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 04:40 PM

I spent four years almost entirely alone. My dad was in Antartica years ago for many months in which he spoke to no one. We've spoken about how we strangely never felt alone during that time. Perhaps it was because we had so much on our minds or we knew that our aloneness would eventually come to an end.

The only time I have ever felt lonely was in a crowd when I first went off to university.

Thank goodness we have technology that can give people some contact with the outside world, but I suppose it really isn't the same. I think companion animals helpe immensely, although I know that isn't possible for everyone. Visiting animals are possible though.

While I like the idea of a Minister to help on this matter, it is sad that we now have to have government intervene to take care of one another. Institutionalizing compassion seems like a societal failure somehow.

Perhaps loneliness is something out of which we can train ourselves, but either way, we just need to do a better job of ensuring that the people around us don't feel down and isolated.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Our minister for loneliness.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Thank-you all for your posts.
I suppose it may be difficult to decide, who may need company and whose preference is to be left alone.
I still have strong feelings about some folk being isolated.
How do we tackle this problem?
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Yes, especially when you have no children...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:32 PM

When l was married and later living with someone, the one thing that l dreaded and never wanted to happen to me, was ever living alone...

Yet when it happened, almost six years ago, l didn’t feel sad or scared, l felt free and absolutely rejuvenated!

It was the best thing and it made me do things without always relying on other people.

It was fine for me but l imagine for others, it might be unbearable.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:32 PM

I think the Ministry of Loneliness rocks! Wish we had one in US.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
I think the Ministry of Loneliness rocks! Wish we had one in US.
Write to Trump
Welcome to the forum you.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top