Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:13 PM

Re: Have you ever been lonely?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No, I prefer my own company when I can get it.
So do I. But I'm still dreading the day my son leaves. I know he has to grow up and live his own life, which is what I want for him. I want him to be happy. That's all that matters to me.

But I'll miss him so much. And I often miss when he was little. They're not kidding when they say they grow up so fast. I still can't get over the fact it's been 18 years already since he was born. He's my pride and joy, my whole world. I'd die for him and I'd kill to protect him.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
This is the part I'm dreading. My son is 18 now. It's only a matter of time.
It is a silly worry I know Linda, but we do want them to find love don't we?
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It is a silly worry I know Linda, but we do want them to find love don't we?
Yep, we sure do. I just want him to be happy. And hopefully I'll live long enough to have a grandchild or two.

And no, I don't think it's a silly worry. I think it's perfectly normal.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:36 PM

Yep, we sure do. I just want him to be happy. And hopefully I'll live long enough to have a grandchild or two.

And no, I don't think it's a silly worry. I think it's perfectly normal.
Well, at least we are normal - Grandchildren I so want Grandchildren
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:48 PM

This is the part I'm dreading. My son is 18 now. It's only a matter of time.
When my two children left home we down-sized to what we consider our forever retirement home. We still have three bedrooms so they can still visit and stay over whenever they want to.
Linda0818
USA

11-02-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, at least we are normal - Grandchildren I so want Grandchildren
I'm normal?

I'm not quite ready for grandchildren yet, though. Shane's only 18. If he has kids now, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Originally Posted by Leia ->
When my two children left home we down-sized to what we consider our forever retirement home. We still have three bedrooms so they can still visit and stay over whenever they want to.
That's a very good idea
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
often feel lonely, I long for someone to put their arms round me,but I dont have anyone to turn to for help/advice.My son lives with me but he has physical health problems and suffers from depression and never thinks to do things,and spends most of his time in his own room When I have to go to hospital he never comesI have to put out the rubbish and put the bins out each week, I dont hear very well and need him to listen to a message on my phone but he hates me asking him for help..my friends say get him to do things, but you cant make someone do something if they dont want to
Deylon....I recall you telling us about your son and the problems you were/are having.

My opinion hasn't changed and you MUST lay down the law....without any discussion....if he doesn't like the new regime then he can eff off and find himself somewhere to live.

Harsh? May be but tough love is what is needed for you AND him.

He could be manipulating the situation to his advantage.

Have I been in the same position as you? No .

I have been aq little shit when I was younger and my parents gave me an option.....get real or eff off....I got real.

Best thing they ever did for me.

Good luck and take care.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top