Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 02:55 AM

All my friends are older than me.

Apart from when I was at school and during my teens, I have always found I get along better with people older than myself.
My two best mates are 63 and 70 respectively and I have known them over thirty years. Their wives and my other friends we go out with are of a similar age.
My wife is ten years older than me too and when we go out I am by far the baby of the bunch at 53.

I am one of the youngest on this forum too as I tend to enjoy a more mature conversation (with most!) With older people. I have always been this way.

Do you generally mix with people of the same age, older or younger?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:31 AM

Re: All my friends are older than me.

I don't notice age per se and get along with most age groups.

I have pals of 70 and 26 the only difference being the younger lads can still manage a game of football

I must admit though.......I do get a tad bored quite quickly with the younger.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:33 AM

That sounds like the title of a bad Country song .

I never thought about it, but almost all of the significant people in my life are are older. Go figure - my parents are older too.

So are you saying you are an old man at heart?

I'll be on my way now...as fast as I can....

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That sounds like the title of a bad Country song .

I never thought about it, but almost all of the significant people in my life are are older. Go figure - my parents are older too.

So are you saying you are an old man at heart?

I'll be on my way now...as fast as I can....

Haha. Yes, I could imagine George Jones or Don Williams singing that...or even Red Sovine - remember that song 'Teddy Bear' about the little crippled boy who gets a ride in a big truck?

No, not an old man but someone knowledgeable and worldly-wise who enjoys an intelligent conversation, face to face without the other person being distracted by a mobile phone etc.

I do see my two stepdaughters and the grandkids are a Godsend - they keep me feeling young at heart, as doing keeping fit and healthy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:05 AM

Just giving you a hard time, Floydy .

Preferring real live people over technology screens is one of the better attributes of having been born before 1990, but you are right - it's a fine thing to keep the kids around.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:07 AM

Never really thought about that, did the gregarious stuff early on, too busy now to classify other folks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:46 AM

I hadn't really thought about it before, Floydy, but I do seem to have friends of all ages - youngest is 20, at Uni studying to be an architect and he is a very interesting conversationalist. He is very bright, and has studied in Japan and in America on exchange schemes, so has experience of different cultures.

The oldest two are both 80 - one was a scenic designer for the theatre and, later , became an art teacher - the other is an ex miner who retrained as an electrical engineer. Both of them have extremely interesting tales to tell.

I have always enjoyed the company of older people - right from childhood - perhaps because they have seen/learned more than me and are willing to impart their knowledge. Most of the younger people I know, as opposed to friends, have limited conversation - TV, pop music, computer games.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Hi

Age is just a number, it is the person that counts.

I do really enjoy having the littlies around though, their sense of wonder at something new, so energetic, they keep me active and young.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:39 AM

I have pals of all ages as others have said it's the person who counts not the years.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Our friendly acquaintances, of whom we have many, are a similar age to my husband and I. We have few close friends, as our family is all we require.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top