Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Re: All my friends are older than me.

Most of my friends and friendly acquaintances are around my own age.
One exception would be my daughter in law Paula. She's so much more like a friend than a daughter in law. We get on so well & can talk about anything. She's 40 years younger than me.
I feel very blessed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:02 AM

Most of mine are younger, I'm oldest by far in my group of friends by about twenty or thirty years. Joint friends with my husband are mainly younger too.

Only place we both have older friends is on the caravan site we weekend on, I would say we get on well with most of them but there are a few we avoid for fear what they might say in conversation, we wince at some of the older attitudes some of them hold dear. Wouldn't want to fall out with them so just avoid where possible.

One old chap I'm sure is lovely really but he will make comments about our nephew and his wife that are while not meant nation but come across racist. Others tell us it's just their way but I don't particularly want us to be exposed to it.

Not saying all older people are like that obviously most have moved with the times and are like on this forum perfectly able to be in mixed company
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:16 AM

I have two best friends. One is my sister the other my sister in law. My sis is 14 years younger than me and my sis-in-law just two years older.
Most of my other friends are around the same age, except for one and she is the almost two year old granddaughter of a friend. Towards the end of Autum last year she decided that she would help me to clear up the leaves in my garden, she could barley walk but helped me with my wheelbarrow 😂
I have bought her some child size gardening tools so she can potter in the garden come the finer weather.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:22 AM

I don't really "do" friends, from previous experience I've learnt most of them let you down eventually.

I did have a best friend who I used to meet every weekday morning to walk our dogs together. This went on for about 3 years then around a year ago she moved away. All my dog walking acquaintances told me "Oh, you'll really miss her when she goes" but do you know what? I don't. At all. I was actually finding it a bit of a pain to meet the same person every day and to have to go where she wanted to go and do what she wanted to do. We are friends on Faceache so we're still in touch but I like her better now she's a couple hours away

I have many acquaintances, some that I've grown close to over the years and they are varying ages.

I do find the younger ones a tad vacant at times though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Our friends aren't very close friends for that reason too nicol, much prefer to be a solid family unit relying on ourselves.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:49 AM

I have a mixture of friends both younger and older than me. Some are from other countries and I embrace them all. I once had a party and invited them all, it was a disaster, it was like she is my friend not yours - Strange behavior for adults. So I make sure I keep them separate now, which is sad as I don't understand why and never will.
I have just two very close friends and even they don't get on.

I really don't care about age in friends it is the person that counts.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 12:02 PM

Our friends, mine in particular, are a very mixed bunch of nationalities with varying ages, some in the same age group, some younger, some older. A few are close friends, others, I will refer to as "casual" friends.

I appreciate the fact that I have friends and that although we don't live in each others pockets, as they say, I know that in most cases I can rely on them if needs be, just as they can rely on us.

Although I am mostly quite happy doing my own thing, I appreciate my own company very often, I also very much appreciate the support, moral or otherwise, of friends, even if they are many miles away.

Some of the much younger friends appreciate having an older friend they can turn to for advice, I also appreciate having older friends I can ask about many things.

Friends come in all sizes and ages and, to me at least, all are appreciated for many reasons. I would hopefully never turn my back on any of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 12:47 PM

I have never really thought about it before Floydy but I seem to be similar to you. I don't have any 'best' friends as I tend not to get too close but those I am friends with are all 10, 20, 30 years older than me. I have also always been attracted to older women, even when I was sixteen.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:27 PM

I have never thought about it before either!

To me they are just friends who l like, age doesn’t come into it!
I do notice that some people in their fifties (not you Floydy!) are very old in their heads and attitude!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 01:48 PM

All our friends are around our age and we have been friends forever. Some have moved away and we don’t see them as often as we like. We have very few new friends but the friends we have are always there when we need them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top