Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: All my friends are older than me.

My shelf sitting days are over.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:41 PM

Hi , I tend to get on better with older folk.....and preferably Men ...My hubby is 13 yrs older than me, and as im the baby of the family of 5,I get on ok with my siblings , ( sometimes ) ....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
None of My Friends are older than I ..because They're all dead ...My best Friends are now My Daughters aged 52/54..We're not like Mother & Daughters now but more like best Pals
That's nice May.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:46 PM

I'm a couple yrs older than my lifelong bestest friends, so that means they are younger than me I guess.

Others... no idea. I just relate to anyone no matter what their age. I do so love the old folk though and get on well with anyone in that age group. They have more stories to tell for a start and love a bit of banter. I love it when I can get a smile out of the grumpiest faces

Husbands / partners have always been older - work that one out

Edited
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:43 PM

I'm 84 and my wife is 82. With a couple of exceptions, all of our friends (from earlier years) have passed away. I still see the fellow who was my best man at our wedding (back in '56) but that's about it. Of our 4 kids, two have just reached the 60 plateau and the other two aren't far behind. Even our oldest grand-daughter just passed 40.

To answer the question, most of our social life is spent with our family as these are the folks that we enjoy the most. We spend "zero time" with any senior groups or associations. I'm not interested in detailed descriptions of gall bladder operations and such. On occasions where we have been with an older group, this type of conversation along with the glory (imagined or otherwise) of former employment positions. YAWN!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
I'm 84 and my wife is 82. With a couple of exceptions, all of our friends (from earlier years) have passed away. I still see the fellow who was my best man at our wedding (back in '56) but that's about it. Of our 4 kids, two have just reached the 60 plateau and the other two aren't far behind. Even our oldest grand-daughter just passed 40.

To answer the question, most of our social life is spent with our family as these are the folks that we enjoy the most. We spend "zero time" with any senior groups or associations. I'm not interested in detailed descriptions of gall bladder operations and such. On occasions where we have been with an older group, this type of conversation along with the glory (imagined or otherwise) of former employment positions. YAWN!
But you can never get those wonderful times back, Dave can you? You've enjoyed some great moments bud and enjoyed life to the full. It's not over yet mate
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What pic? And her profile pic is a plastic garden gnome lol!

has CeeCee really changed that much in twenty years.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top