Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:19 AM

First dates

I can't help but feel bewildered at some of these dating shows on telly, like the Paddy MacGuiness 'Taek me Out' one for a start.

The things these young men do to try and impress the girls.
I mean how can a lad heading a football for 5 mins non-stop be of interest to a young girl?
And do the muscle-bound weight lifting types (who I'm sure only go on to show off their torso on telly), really think it is interesting for many girls? You can see they are only posers.

Then tonight "First Dates" has just been on.
A middle aged gentleman had a dinner date with a very attractive lady, who looked really nice I thought, and within minutes he took the serviette and started wiping sweat off his head, face, and neck at the dinner table, then went on to tell her he has only one testicle - on a first date.
I doubt many girls would tell a strange man she'd had a masectomy.

Whatever happened to nice conversation, and pleasant manners, and looking out for each other, instead of just Me Me Me?
I must be getting old, because I really don't understand modern courtship any more.

Can you say what you might enjoy on a first date at our age?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:24 AM

Re: First dates

I am laughing so hard at the testicle-on-the-first-date-thing that I couldn't possibly answer this question right now.

Nothing like putting all your cards on the table.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:25 AM

I've seen snippets of that show on Gogglebox and one young man (I hesitate to call him gentleman) stated to his date whom he'd only met ten minutes previously that he enjoyed oral sex but not put so delicately. She was visibly shocked (lord knows what his mother may have thought).

Is this how the younger generation carry on these days? No sense of chivalry, courtship and romance but straight down to brass tacks?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am laughing so hard at the testicle-on-the-first-date-thing that I couldn't possibly answer this question right now.

As long as that's all he put on the table.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't help but feel bewildered at some of these dating shows on telly, like the Paddy MacGuiness 'Taek me Out' one for a start.

The things these young men do to try and impress the girls.
I mean how can a lad heading a football for 5 mins non-stop be of interest to a young girl?
And do the muscle-bound weight lifting types (who I'm sure only go on to show off their torso on telly), really think it is interesting for many girls? You can see they are only posers.

Then tonight "First Dates" has just been on.
A middle aged gentleman had a dinner date with a very attractive lady, who looked really nice I thought, and within minutes he took the serviette and started wiping sweat off his head, face, and neck at the dinner table, then went on to tell her he has only one testicle - on a first date.
I doubt many girls would tell a strange man she'd had a masectomy.

Whatever happened to nice conversation, and pleasant manners, and looking out for each other, instead of just Me Me Me?
I must be getting old, because I really don't understand modern courtship any more.

Can you say what you might enjoy on a first date at our age?
Mups, My two daughters were watching it and l only saw the couple, where one was a bloke and the other, with blue hair was a bloke who was previously, a woman!
It was all very bizarre and a bit uncomfortable to watch as they exchanged kisses and giggled!

Yes, l have been on lots of first dates at my older age! At first, you are scared to death but then you become blasé and realise, they are as scared as you!
I have truly met some really, nice men and some l still keep in touch with.

Please, can l state, these were dates only, not one night stands.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:30 AM

Never watched it, now I don't think I will
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

10-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Never watched it, now I don't think I will

I'm surprised Mups watches it, I thought she was so demure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I know Surfermom, they'd only just sat down at the dinner table as well! That was just after finished mopping up his sweat at the table too.

On the youngsters dating shows though, I am completely at a loss with what some of these lads thinks girls will like, but in all fairness, some of the girls take the biscuit too.
Makes me feel about 90!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've seen snippets of that show on Gogglebox and one young man (I hesitate to call him gentleman) stated to his date whom he'd only met ten minutes previously that he enjoyed oral sex but not put so delicately. She was visibly shocked (lord knows what his mother may have thought).

Is this how the younger generation carry on these days? No sense of chivalry, courtship and romance but straight down to brass tacks?
I completely agree. While we grew up in a generation that treated dating like fine dining - romance, anticipation, courtship, the art of the kiss, it seems that the present generation treats all of it like a trip to McDonalds - fast, lukewarm, industrial, and tasteless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-02-2018, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm surprised Mups watches it, I thought she was so demure.

Oh shush you.
Anyway, I must be 'demure' to be so easily shocked.

I don't half feel an old maid tonight.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top