Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:35 AM

Re: First dates

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've seen snippets of that show on Gogglebox and one young man (I hesitate to call him gentleman) stated to his date whom he'd only met ten minutes previously that he enjoyed oral sex but not put so delicately. She was visibly shocked (lord knows what his mother may have thought).

Is this how the younger generation carry on these days? No sense of chivalry, courtship and romance but straight down to brass tacks?
I completely agree. While we grew up in a generation that treated dating like fine dining - romance, anticipation, courtship, the art of the kiss, it seems that the present generation treats all of it like a trip to McDonalds - fast, lukewarm, industrial, and tasteless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I completely agree. While we grew up in a generation that treated dating like fine dining - romance, anticipation, courtship, the art of the kiss, it seems that the present generation treats all of it like a trip to McDonalds - fast, industrial, and tasteless.

I think you are right, in a lot of a cases Supermom.
Or maybe we are just passed it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know Surfermom, they'd only just sat down at the dinner table as well! That was just after finished mopping up his sweat at the table too.

On the youngsters dating shows though, I am completely at a loss with what some of these lads thinks girls will like, but in all fairness, some of the girls take the biscuit too.
Makes me feel about 90!
Mups, Why would you feel 90? I don’t understand? Why shouldn’t single people of our age enjoy dates?
Life doesn’t stop at a certain age, does it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Why would you feel 90? I don’t understand? Why shouldn’t single people of our age enjoy dates?
Life doesn’t stop at a certain age, does it?

I don't understand Art Where did I say our age group shouldn't enjoy dating?

In fact I did ask at the end of the first post, what we would enjoy on a date.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've seen snippets of that show on Gogglebox and one young man (I hesitate to call him gentleman) stated to his date whom he'd only met ten minutes previously that he enjoyed oral sex but not put so delicately. She was visibly shocked (lord knows what his mother may have thought).

Is this how the younger generation carry on these days? No sense of chivalry, courtship and romance but straight down to brass tacks?
Judd, Do you not think it is all exaggerated to get an audience?
People won’t watch if it’s normal and boring, therefore, the producers go all out for the ‘shock factor’!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:42 AM

Oh shush you.
Anyway, I must be 'demure' to be so easily shocked.

I don't half feel an old maid tonight.
You've got an old maid as a guest?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2018, 01:44 AM

I don't understand Art Where did I say our age group shouldn't enjoy dating?

In fact I did ask at the end of the first post, what we would enjoy on a date.
Mups, You have stated on other threads that you would not go on a dating site! so I presumed you wouldn’t go on a date either. Or would you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-02-2018, 01:45 AM

Ah well, you shouldn't presume anything.
Just because I wouldn't go on a dating site, doesn't mean I think people our age shoudln't date.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:46 AM

Art posts:

"Judd, Do you not think it is all exaggerated to get an audience?
People won’t watch if it’s normal and boring, therefore, the producers go all out for the ‘shock factor’!"

I wouldn't know, I haven't seen a full episode but it wouldn't surprise me. After having a dating show where everyone is stripped off I suppose they have to compete somehow and being obnoxious must fit the bill.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2018, 01:48 AM

Ah well, you shouldn't presume anything.
Just because I wouldn't go on a dating site, doesn't mean I think people our age shoudln't date.
Ok! Keep your hair on!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top