Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:56 AM

Re: First dates

I'm so glad you are out there, Artangel!

Some of the best love matches I know were made middle and late in life. Even just dating for companionship can make for great fun.

We just want the details .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 01:57 AM

Oooo, Mups, I want to hear about your dates too.

Too bad you all are across the ocean. I could do for you what we did for Tpin .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm so glad you are out there, Artangel!

Some of the best love matches I know were made middle and late in life. Even just dating for companionship can make for great fun.

We just want the details .
Surfermom, About a year ago, in my innocence, l did say on here that l had been on lots of dates in the six years since l broke up with my ex partner.
Big mistake! Some took it, that if you belonged to a dating site, you were looking for sex or, the men were!
I couldn’t believe that people would be so small minded! Many of us now, with all the ‘silver divorces’ are on our own. Instead of being lonely and stuck in, some of us join dating sites!
I can honestly say, it was the best thing l have ever done and l have met some lovely, respectable men.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

10-02-2018, 02:26 AM

Arty, after a friend had been divorced for 18 years without having gone on more than a few dates, her daughter convinced her to go on Tinder. I think Tinder actually is more of a hookup site, but that is pure bias on my part. Bad me.

Anyway, she met a divorced man, they hit it off, dated for eighteen months or so, and married a year ago. They are happy as can be.

That didn't keep us nicknaming her "Tinderlla," which makes her howl with laughter. .

Life is short(er). Have fun.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:30 AM

Adds a whole new meaning to "Talking bollocks"

Originally Posted by Mups ->

, then went on to tell her he has only one testicle - on a first date.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Adds a whole new meaning to "Talking bollocks"
That should be "Talking Bollock" BTW, anyway, these programmes are for the egotistically supercharged, best ignored, these folks will get no help off me, when the time comes to lubricate their Zimmers.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:02 AM

I think "Take me out" is just a group of people looking for a free holiday!
If I was thinking about dating again, it would take quite a few dates to establish that he could hold an intelligent conversation and understood that there was more to a relationship than just sex.
As I have got older I have discovered that a man's mind and sense of humour have much more appeal than what his body looks like. It takes seconds to establish that you like how he looks, but the longer approach of learning about his personality is often the more rewarding.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Did anyone see the episode with the blonde mother of two, she was such a lovely woman really pretty and genuinely nice her kids had told her they wanted a daddy.

She fell for a guy chatting.around the pool, not her intended date but he didn't fall for her. Gosh I was in tears with her, she so deserved to find someone but she went home upset.

Mups, I understand what you mean about dating sites it's just so alien to us but I just had an old school pal who actually had the same anxieties about them but she joined and has just married a man she met on one. I agree though it's not for everyone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Did anyone see the episode with the blonde mother of two, she was such a lovely woman really pretty and genuinely nice her kids had told her they wanted a daddy.

She fell for a guy chatting.around the pool, not her intended date but he didn't fall for her. Gosh I was in tears with her, she so deserved to find someone but she went home upset.

Mups, I understand what you mean about dating sites it's just so alien to us but I just had an old school pal who actually had the same anxieties about them but she joined and has just married a man she met on one. I agree though it's not for everyone.

Thanks Summer, but I wasn't even talking about dating sites, it was Art who brought that up and was defending online dating. I don't know why.

I was talking about these dating SHOWS on telly, in particular one I saw late last night called First Date Hotel (I think).
I was trying to explain the strange things some people do to impress a potential partner, and asked what we might look for at our ages now.

Twink, I agree with you about mind and sense of humour is vital.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:17 AM

it used to be boy meets girl at a local dance. The question was " Can you do the turkey trot"

what is that you may ask.

Well it is once around the dance floor then outside for a quick gobble.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top