Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: First dates

Originally Posted by summer ->
I feel like Daniel entering the lions den responding to this but in for a penny.

I agree its terrible to be wrongly accused I know that from personal experience what's even worse is when people believe it... people you considered friends and others who are not so much friends but just enjoy the gossip and revel in keeping it going.

I really have no interest in gossip so its not like me to go on the defence but shame on those who know rumours are unfounded but enjoy them.

I will defend Boozer here though I don't think for one minute he meant any harm or that anyone reading it thought there was any malice intended.
I had no intention of posting again on this thread Summer, but I wish to say thank you for your very kind words there.
And what you say in bold is absolutely correct, as you obviously know me better than most.
There appears to be some history here in respect of Art which I have either missed or forgotten.
Having said that, I was rather shockedand to read what she had to say back to me particularly
'We are not all promiscuous like you'.
That was a far worse post than mine ever was.
I was only joking and trying to have a laugh with my post.
Art most certainly wasn't though.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Note to Self (and others)...Never post anything personal on the WWW which may come back to bite You on the bum..again and again
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Note to Self (and others)...Never post anything personal on the WWW which may come back to bite You on the bum..again and again
Isn't Auntie Ruthio always saying that?!

I trust Boozer saw my post, I'd hate for him to have missed it, he's probably having heart failure right now!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Isn't Auntie Ruthio always saying that?!

I trust Boozer saw my post, I'd hate for him to have missed it, he's probably having heart failure right now!
Oh Gawd!,,,I think I may have heart failure after reading His response....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:19 PM

Hi

We are all getting too touchy.

I find that very sad.

I find it appalling that Artangel was judged by some to be a tart, nothing could be further from the truth.

I find it equally appalling that Ruthio is adjudged to be a bitch.

She is intelligent, articulate, courteous and never afraid to speak the truth.

I am also appalled by some of the flak that Rhian has had, you could not wish to meet a nicer, more caring,intelligent and committed person than she is.

Perhaps we should take more care when we are posting about people?

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not making a play for any of them.

They are all out of my league, but I value them as friends.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Oh dear, I have no idea what went on, but I am not reading back.
It must be sad is all I gather.
Where is that Hug thread?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:44 PM

That's a lovely thing to say Swimmy thank you

And as regards posting about other people's love lives
It's none of our business
And so we are in no place to judge

Teasing is fine as long as both sides at up for the banter
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:46 PM

And I just have to say..
Why are all the men on Take Me Out bulky gym bunnies?!
What about catering for the women who like a love handle or four?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:18 PM

I always say I don't 'do' reality TV. I forget about First Dates - I usually find it by chance when I'm too idle to get up and do the nightly routine before bed.

I've only seen a few, probably no more than 10. I find it hilarious with the different personalities and the staff. Such an uplifting show. My mouth aches with smiling. And when the daters gel and see each other again, I punch the air and go 'YES!!'

An elderly chap's sticks in my mind from a few weeks back. Think he said he was in his 80s. Obvious by his actions he was desperate to prove 'age is just a number'. What a pain in the ass he was!

Dropping in how rich he was. Asked his date where she wanted to live - he'd buy it for her. Bragged how fit he was, made sure he exercised for the cameras . Tried to gee everyone to get up off their backsides from their food to start dancing . Desperately irritating. I felt embarrassed for him.

When his date got back to her room the camera filmed her. She shut the door, sighed loudly and said 'Thank God for that' or 'Bloody Hell' - whatever she said, you get the drift

I do love the Hooray Henry types .

The show's got to include a good range of characters - I mean, it's the real world in reality innit.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 11:46 PM

Thanks swimmy, I really appreciate your concern xxx...but it was just a misunderstanding, no harm done as far as I'm concerned, no offence taken.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top