Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: Positives or Negatives.

I too have nothing negative to say about being retired..My time's My Own and I don't have to do anything I don't wish to do.or put up with Anyones crap....fandabydozy
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
60 for all in Scotland for bus pass, scripts are free for everyone.
Thanks for that! CB

I don’t really like being retired and wish l had kept my job!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:09 PM

60 for all in Scotland for bus pass, scripts are free for everyone.
Same in Wales.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I too have nothing negative to say about being retired..My time's My Own and I don't have to do anything I don't wish to do.or put up with Anyones crap....fandabydozy
Oh yes, I forgot! The added bonus of being retired and single!
Don't think I'll be taking on anyone's crap anytime soon

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thanks for that! CB

Awww, that's a shame Art. Couldn't you do something about that? Part time, voluntary?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Oh yes, I forgot! The added bonus of being retired and single!
Don't think I'll be taking on anyone's crap anytime soon

Awww, that's a shame Art. Couldn't you do something about that? Part time, voluntary?
Nicol, I did apply to do voluntary work once but the questions they asked for the police check, l found to be very intrusive.
I know they have to ask them but the fact, l had worked in local government for over twenty years and was able to provide two excellent references, weren’t enough!
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thanks for that! CB

I’m still working part time as I enjoy it and boss is fairly flexible with hours to suit.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2018, 07:48 PM

I’m still working part time as I enjoy it and boss is fairly flexible with hours to suit.
CB, That is great for you!
So in your case, it’s all very Positive!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:26 PM

The job I was doing before I retired I'd been doing for nearly 15 years. But about 2 years ago I started to get very fed up with it and by the time I left (last September) it had got to the point where I hated it I don't miss it at all.

I have retired early, I get 3 tiny pensions which don't cover my outgoings but I have savings which will more than see me over to state pension age.

One massive positive for me is the lack of stress. It's not that the job was rocket science or anything but just the expectations that were put on me. It got to the point where instead of seeing it as a challenge I saw it as a burden and there was no way I was going to manage another 6 years.

So, sod it, jack it in, get a life
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:32 PM

That's why I don't intend retiring. Hours that suit me, a really friendly place to work - treated as part of the family - and I enjoy it

I know I'm not retirement age yet , but we have two pensioners who come in a couple of shifts a week and come in to cover holidays and sickness.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Retirement has been a wonderful time for my wife and I. Unlike some others, who I truly sympathize with, we have enjoyed reasonably good health. I retired at 58, my wife was at home and it's now been 26 enjoyable years.

Children, grands, and great-grands, live fairly close allowing us to bounce around among our immediate family. Retiring early was one of my better choices in life and I've never looked back and questioning that decision.

Enough money to live on and good health are the keys. We can all do the best we can regarding finances but good health is a "crap shoot". Unexpected problems (with health) crop up, often with little or no warning, and your world is turned upside down in a flash. I never want to minimize the heartache and trials of caring for a loved one. A lifetime of planning can go up in smoke and there's naught that can be done about it.

my advice - -make your plans, pick your time, and from that time on you're floating towards the "big falls" that we all reach, hoping it's smooth sailing.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top