Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: Children with no shoes on.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You say some crazy things, you really do!
We're not born with wings either but it's amazing how many people go to Heathrow to fly off on holiday isn't it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:48 AM

Yes it's a bit dangerous Longdogs, especially if your feet are not hard and used to it. Although there are a group of runners who subscribe to running barefoot. Some of them are usually present on the London Marathon, and I have run several marathons and long distance fell events with barefoot runners, although it's not something that I would do. Adidas actually produce a shoe that contains the absolute minimum in support and protection (just like a kind of flip flop) following the principle that the human foot is very well designed to cope with any terrain that you throw at it....

Kids don't always look where they are putting their feet though, and around car parks and supermarkets there are plenty of hazzards waiting for the young, soft, unsuspecting foot.....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
During this recent hot weather I have noticed many young children walking around on pavements, supermarkets, parks and garden centres with no shoes or socks on.

Considering all the crap you might find on the ground, dog poo, glass, stones, vomit etc it seems ridiculous to me. Plus it must be hot on their feet too.

I also see adults doing it but that's up to them, they have the choice.

Do you think this is bad parenting or am I just getting old?
I dont think its bad parenting at all and am inclined to say youre old LD
My kids were always running barefoot in the garden or on the beach..I didnt see any harm in it back then and still dont now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 11:06 AM

wasn't there a film "barefoot in the park"??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 12:10 PM

I am surprised by some of your answers. I appear to be in the minority. Perhaps it's just something I have an issue with. I can understand it in the garden or on the beach or even around a pool but walking down the street -no way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 12:15 PM

My twins were little devils for taking their shoes off.
I would not allow them to go barefoot on the pavement though.
Broken glass would be my worry.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am surprised by some of your answers. I appear to be in the minority. Perhaps it's just something I have an issue with. I can understand it in the garden or on the beach or even around a pool but walking down the street -no way.
You are not alone.
I agree with you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 12:17 PM

There there,dinnae fash Yerself Laddie,the heatwave won't last forever..it's a cool 17c here now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
There there,dinnae fash Yerself Laddie,the heatwave won't last forever..it's a cool 17c here now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You are not alone.
I agree with you.
Ah, that's good.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top