Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:43 PM

Is this the end ?

S o many countries are having trouble with excessive heat &no rain,Farmers/& agriculture growers are struggling,there will be a shortage of food .Is this the end of life as we know it,forecast by religious prophesiers calling at our doors?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:58 PM

Re: Is this the end ?

In the north perhaps but down here it's cold and wet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
S o many countries are having trouble with excessive heat &no rain,Farmers/& agriculture growers are struggling,there will be a shortage of food .Is this the end of life as we know it,forecast by religious prophesiers calling at our doors?
No it just feels like that because the weather problems are widespread. The world has always had natural disasters such as earthquakes, droughts, floods, tsunamis and volcano eruptions. People always think it's some punishment from God or somehow related to us as individuals, but we just live in a dangerous place and it's always been this way. We cannot control everything on the planet no matter how hard we try.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
In the north perhaps but down here it's cold and wet.
could you send some of that rain here please?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by annies ->
no it just feels like that because the weather problems are widespread. The world has always had natural disasters such as earthquakes, droughts, floods, tsunamis and volcano eruptions. People always think it's some punishment from god or somehow related to us as individuals, but we just live in a dangerous place and it's always been this way. We cannot control everything on the planet no matter how hard we try.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
If we understand the book of Revelations, and other prophecies , then yes, I could agree.
It does say 'when all these things come together', and in my opinion by natural events , not by magical intervention.
There are many prophecies that are now coming about, ALL the things mentioned and of course it does also say the end will be fire. Many seem to have put that down to nuclear, but it could more likely be wild fires.
It does not say the end of the world though, it refers to 'the end of times', so that could imply that as you say the end as we have known it.

Sometimes I wish the world would blow up, and let the remaining few start over again. They might get it right next time.

Having said that, do we know if these scenarios have happened before in the same pattern and close in time span ? I don't know, so we have to follow our own impulses, although Revelations was written 1st century AD, so not happened in the last 2000 yrs.
If you do think prophecies are more than likely being fulfilled and coming closer, better to start praying now because it won't be a pretty end and very few will escape, if any

On that joyful note, I will wait for the return of slaps, and ridicule. (well not me, but the religious side of things)
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:31 PM

If Nostradamus was right none of us will be around to see it.
I think he opted for 3797 AD.
Makes you wonder what state the planet will be in by then.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:32 PM

God - we're just all dumbfounded m'lady - could you do that one more time?? erhm not you Mort the other one before ya!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
If we understand the book of Revelations, and other prophecies , then yes, I could agree.
It does say 'when all these things come together', and in my opinion by natural events , not by magical intervention.
There are many prophecies that are now coming about, ALL the things mentioned and of course it does also say the end will be fire. Many seem to have put that down to nuclear, but it could more likely be wild fires.
It does not say the end of the world though, it refers to 'the end of times', so that could imply that as you say the end as we have known it.

Sometimes I wish the world would blow up, and let the remaining few start over again. They might get it right next time.

Having said that, do we know if these scenarios have happened before in the same pattern and close in time span ? I don't know, so we have to follow our own impulses, although Revelations was written 1st century AD, so not happened in the last 2000 yrs.
If you do think prophecies are more than likely being fulfilled and coming closer, better to start praying now because it won't be a pretty end and very few will escape, if any

On that joyful note, I will wait for the return of slaps, and ridicule. (well not me, but the religious side of things)
That is unless there a still some delusional people who think there's a god, to start the same shit all over again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
If Nostradamus was right none of us will be around to see it.
I think he opted for 3797 AD.
Makes you wonder what state the planet will be in by then.
A bare rock circling the sun.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top