Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Re: Should Mother And Baby Homes Be Reintroduced?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree with both of these posts! If parents had encouraged the use of contraception & not tried to hide their daughters away if they made a mistake Mother and baby homes may never have been created.
A lot of them were created by the church... who managed to make money out of it by selling the babies to wealthy Americans!
And falsified the records so there's many many children and mothers out there who will never be reunited
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And falsified the records so there's many many children and mothers out there who will never be reunited
That is very true! The church had too much power over what people did in those days & that is another reason why I object to the power of Islamic mosques today!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:44 PM

I think this was in the days before contraception was freely available.
Today young girls look upon having babies as a career option after all the State will pay !
Still for those who are worried about the declining birth rate they are doing their bit I supose.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Just to add, I was an archivist for a NHS Trust for 20 years and I had to deal with more then one request from Ireland looking to find birth records

There was a convent local to the hospital where some young girls were sent ( laundry attached) and their babies births were never even registered. Young adults wishing to apply for passports and finding they had no birth certificate as they had never been registered. What a way to find out you were adopted, then to find out it was an illegal adoption and there is no trace of who your mother was and all you could do was to rely on the skill of someone like me to find your birth record
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think this was in the days before contraception was freely available.
Today young girls look upon having babies as a career option after all the State will pay !
Still for those who are worried about the declining birth rate they are doing their bit I supose.
Also true, and that then creates shortage of houses. It seems that "Lets have a baby" is a fashion status these days, then many who do expect the rest of the country to finance it!
Mel15
Nowhere

25-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Also true, and that then creates shortage of houses. It seems that "Lets have a baby" is a fashion status these days, then many who do expect the rest of the country to finance it!
But thats not just true of single mothers, thats become the norm because the Government rewards you for having babies

A couple, both fit for work are better off just working 30 hrs a week between them, as long as they keep popping out the sprogs

Theres a woman up the road, part of a couple,hes at home all day as well , 7 kids, she doesn't work cos " I have children, I cant work" yet sits and whinges her grocery shop is £400 a week and she cant tell you how much clothes and shoes cost her each week. Those were the words out of her mouth the day she was invited around to meet the neighbours.

I would love to have £400 a month let alone a week and I and he work !!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
But thats not just true of single mothers, thats become the norm because the Government rewards you for having babies

A couple, both fit for work are better off just working 30 hrs a week between them, as long as they keep popping out the sprogs

Theres a woman up the road, part of a couple,hes at home all day as well , 7 kids, she doesn't work cos " I have children, I cant work" yet sits and whinges her grocery shop is £400 a week and she cant tell you how much clothes and shoes cost her each week. Those were the words out of her mouth the day she was invited around to meet the neighbours.

I would love to have £400 a month let alone a week and I and he work !!

How do you manage to survive?
Mel15
Nowhere

25-07-2018, 03:57 PM

Quite well thank you

Right now Im making a fish pie and cooking a roast chicken dinner

I cook proper food, not ready meals, its not expensive
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by panda ->
couldn't agree more roxy.

What really annoys me is the girls who have baby after baby by different fathers and expect us tax payers to keep them and their brood!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:00 PM

Perish the thought of Mother & Baby Homes being reintroduced...but this is now the 21st Century so why isn't there a contraceptive pill/injection for those Boys/Men who just can't be arsed to wear a condom ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top