Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:21 PM

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Originally Posted by solo ->
And to add insult to injury there is that unspoken implication by the police that 'you must have done something to deserve it'
No,I never felt that Solo..the Police kept Him in the nick for the weekend allowing Me to escape with My three Children....but all this was almost 50 yrs ago.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That's exactly how I felt!...when the police officer spoke to me,when I dialled 999.
And that hurts more than the fists.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:28 PM

Once but it was more of smart arse behaviour I think. I was in the carpark waiting for my daughter to return with the dogs, I was in the car reading when this youth sat on the bumper to retie his shoe, it was an old car and I didn't want the bumper to break. I knocked on the window to him and he jumped, next think he was up on the bonnet jumping and laughing. I started the engine and revved it. He stopped jumping and looked at me, it was a Mexican Stand Off. He was almost daring me to move and dislodge him. Then I let the hand break off and the car rolled, he shot off the bonnet and away. I really revved the engine and set the car after him, little brat was scared stiff I'd run him over. I wouldn't have but he'd hacked me off royally so I let him think otherwise. My daughter arrived then and we left. Needless to say it was a VERY long time before I parked there again..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Have you ever been a victim to this type of behaviour?
Some chancer decided he would help himself to my handbag when I was on my home from Uni one night. He left with tears in eyes and I kept the handbag!

Did you report it to the police?
I did - gave them a good description too - told them to look for a youth of about 18yrs who currently had tears streaming down his face, was probably still clutching his genitals, and who would definitely have stiletto heel bruises on his left instep. (My older brother taught me to defend myself)

They were not amused!

Do you believe this behaviour,is on the increase?
Yes!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:13 PM

Have you ever been a victim to this type of behaviour?
Did you report it to the police?
Do you believe this behaviour,is on the increase?
Depends on how you define 'anti-social' behaviour. Some years ago, had a neigjbour who practiced on a full-sized drum kit at 03.00 am. I warned him!!! He repeated his practice some weeks later, I warned him a second time. He refused to listen, I had the environmental health officer call on him, hedidn't do it again!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:17 PM

There was a very nasty incident in my neighbourhood,LD,..police were contacted,as of yet,nothing has been done,and further more,it was all captured on cctv,..there was a heck of a mess to clean up,..and guess what,the victim had to clear it up,now what is that saying to the anti social person?...I just can't understand the law!...
That's what seems to happen. The perp should be made to clear up, repair or pay for any damage caused but they just get away with it. The police in my area have even gone as far as saying they know who these dickheads are but still nothing is done about it.

I did see that another town had employed a private security firm which has halved the amount of incidents but it's just one bloke in a van and I doubt he has any powers of arrest.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Once but it was more of smart arse behaviour I think. I was in the carpark waiting for my daughter to return with the dogs, I was in the car reading when this youth sat on the bumper to retie his shoe, it was an old car and I didn't want the bumper to break. I knocked on the window to him and he jumped, next think he was up on the bonnet jumping and laughing. I started the engine and revved it. He stopped jumping and looked at me, it was a Mexican Stand Off. He was almost daring me to move and dislodge him. Then I let the hand break off and the car rolled, he shot off the bonnet and away. I really revved the engine and set the car after him, little brat was scared stiff I'd run him over. I wouldn't have but he'd hacked me off royally so I let him think otherwise. My daughter arrived then and we left. Needless to say it was a VERY long time before I parked there again..

Good grief,what a shock that must have been!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Depends on how you define 'anti-social' behaviour. Some years ago, had a neigjbour who practiced on a full-sized drum kit at 03.00 am. I warned him!!! He repeated his practice some weeks later, I warned him a second time. He refused to listen, I had the environmental health officer call on him, hedidn't do it again!!!

I can not imagine,what you went through,3 am in the morning,I have never experienced the sound of drums,must have been awful,I think that would affect my nerves,..glad you got it sorted,UJ.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's what seems to happen. The perp should be made to clear up, repair or pay for any damage caused but they just get away with it. The police in my area have even gone as far as saying they know who these dickheads are but still nothing is done about it.

I did see that another town had employed a private security firm which has halved the amount of incidents but it's just one bloke in a van and I doubt he has any powers of arrest.

I just don't understand it LD,...it is on the increase,I believe,..Imo,because they know they will get away with it,...I was talking to a retired male nurse,the other day,the hospital I was in,offered him 16 hrs a week,to take blood,...he was telling me,he worked in A and E,where he was,kicked,punched and spat on,..I wish I knew the answer...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Some chancer decided he would help himself to my handbag when I was on my home from Uni one night. He left with tears in eyes and I kept the handbag!

I did - gave them a good description too - told them to look for a youth of about 18yrs who currently had tears streaming down his face, was probably still clutching his genitals, and who would definitely have stiletto heel bruises on his left instep. (My older brother taught me to defend myself)

They were not amused!

Yes!

Good on you,ST....I also believe it is on the increase,...imo,because a lot of these bullies,know they will get away with it!...I find it so unfair!.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top