Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Re: Request to be Friends

In terms of friend requests Deylon, I'd only accept if the forum member has actually talked to you on the forum.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Oh, Art, you've wounded me. Me being new here, I was thinking to send a few friend requests out, but I don't like being put on "hold".

I'm going to the corner now and think this about this very important dilemma.
Right Now ..... Surely, you are classed as a ‘regular poster’ now?
I meant some ‘iffy men’ who join and ask you to be their friend! This is quite rare on this site though!

Does this mean l am off your Christmas card list too? Boo Hoo...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Right Now ..... Surely, you are classed as a ‘regular poster’ now?
I meant some ‘iffy men’ who join and ask you to be their friend! This is quite rare on this site though!

Does this mean l am off your Christmas card list too? Boo Hoo...
Christmas is a long way off, Artie..
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 03:58 AM

I remember my first day at kindergarten - bloody marvellous memory heh and some kids were comin up to me and saying "will you be my friend?" - I looked at my mum then at them then back at my mum and guess what she said???????
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 06:13 AM

If you accept a friend on here & they are not a nice person, how can they harm you? With friends you can stop them being your friend if you find that they are not right for you!

You just need to remember not to release personal info to anybody until you are sure they are genuine people.

Not allowing PM's for your first 3 months us a good rule because it helps to stop Scammers, they usually don't want to stay for 3 months before they try to rip you off... and it works! I have been on other sites where I got scammers at the rate of, at least, one per month.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:26 AM

I have had two friend requests, both of which were answered.

What does puzzle me is the 631 visits to view my profile! Surely I’m not THAT Interesting?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->

What does puzzle me is the 631 visits to view my profile! Surely I’m not THAT Interesting?
You’ll get even more now you’ve mentioned it!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have had 2 requests to be my friend. What do I do about these?.I am willing to be friends as long as they are genuine
I don't want internet 'friends', as I have said boringly often, having had extremely bad experiences of people who were nothing like in real life how they appeared to be on the Internet. Of course some people are genuine, but unless you have met them in person you cannot tell the wheat from the chaff! BEWARE!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-07-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you accept a friend on here & they are not a nice person, how can they harm you? With friends you can stop them being your friend if you find that they are not right for you!

You just need to remember not to release personal info to anybody until you are sure they are genuine people.

Not allowing PM's for your first 3 months us a good rule because it helps to stop Scammers, they usually don't want to stay for 3 months before they try to rip you off... and it works! I have been on other sites where I got scammers at the rate of, at least, one per month.
Twink, l can usually tell if they are ‘iffy’ by the wording of their profile info and the wording of their message. They usually call you, ‘Dear’!
Some even have pics of themselves sitting in military vehicles!

No, they can’t harm you being a Forum friend but l’d imagine they could mentally manipulate someone who was not scammer savvy. Or someone who was flattered and made to feel special by their scheming ways of how to entice the ‘victim’.
It has not happened to me but l have read of lots who have been taken in.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->

its' the magnet that's attracting them!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top