Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:26 PM

Re: Request to be Friends

I've never sent any friendship requests but accept them if they arrive. Requests don't happen all that often but I'm not grumbling. I know I'm not a prolific poster or the most chatty of people and I feel OK about that.

To turn a request down though seems a bit like not speaking to someone who has just said 'good morning' while passing. This would be impolite, probably make them feel affronted or uncomfortable and I wouldn't do it. It doesn't hurt to accept a friendship request. It makes a Profile page look more colourful too.

I quite like to look in people's Profiles. They often have photos showing them looking younger and happy. I'll sometimes also read what the interests are if I'm making a 'Happy Birthday' graphic.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->

I quite like to look in people's Profiles. They often have photos showing them looking younger and happy. I'll sometimes also read what the interests are if I'm making a 'Happy Birthday' graphic.
Had to smile at this mart as I rarely go to anyone's profile page as it seems like peeping into there window whilst their not looking. I am not nosy in real time so I suppose it's no different on Forums.

Good job we are all different isn't it
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Had to smile at this mart as I rarely go to anyone's profile page as it seems like peeping into there window whilst their not looking. I am not nosy in real time so I suppose it's no different on Forums.

Yes, kind of but I suppose people wouldn't put details and photos there if they weren't happy about other members seeing them.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Deyton, you have been here since 2015. Is this the first time you have had a friend request? Just curious...

I have had friend request from the most "unlikely people" and I was delighted.....

I had one just in the last week, that really made me happy, especially because I lost a friend just in the last week....so "one door closes and another one opens"
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 05:17 PM

I haven't sent out any friend requests but I have accepted them because I like the people who have sent them and I find the ones who have sent requests are my kind of people. I don't see anything wrong with sending out friend requests or accepting them. I don't see friends or requests as anything to do with trophies. If I looked at it like that I'd be upset because I've only got a handful of trophies, nice handful of trophies though hehe
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->

Originally Posted by mart ->
Yes, kind of but I suppose people wouldn't put details and photos there if they weren't happy about other members seeing them.
And it's quite useful to check out people's profiles if you need to know something about them for a post, the Hot Seat thread for example. Gives you something to go on.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top