Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 03:58 PM

Re: security lights

Real speed ,you say he was aggressive ,sometimes we need to take a step back,..he may have dementia,a man of 87,..same with the young guy,I had problems with recently,he may have mental health issues,who knows...but it certainly doesn't help,when we are fired up,so to speak.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The people who installed these lights should have known about the requirements of not having the lighting impinge on neighbouring properties. It's the same with CCTV, they can't be pointed towards anyone else's property either.

You are absolutely right about CCTV. My son has it on his property and in order not to upset neighbours he invited them to look at exactly which areas the camera covers. It is just his property, vehicles and the road outside his house. So no problems.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:39 PM

Men do get grumpy as they get older
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:45 PM

as i said i was very polite to the lady and absolutely no problem with explaining the issue which she said she would deal with. Then in came her husband all fired up. I tried explaining again to him but he went off in a real huff /bad mood without even bothering to listen. A really rude person, his last remark was " I will switch the bloody things off" as he went back indoors leaving his wife to say sorry for his behavour.

At that age -condition ( he had previously had a heart attack)
he should really be in an old persons home
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
JBR

this couple are 83 and 87 years old and they have to get someone in , ie the installers, to adjust the lights so will give them a few days.
Of course. That's reasonable.

And if the 'gentleman' is 87 years old, it is to be expected that he might be rather 'anti'.

After all, look at some of the people on here!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
You are absolutely right about CCTV. My son has it on his property and in order not to upset neighbours he invited them to look at exactly which areas the camera covers. It is just his property, vehicles and the road outside his house. So no problems.
Yes, exactly how a policeman (remember those?) explained it to me a few weeks ago when I was thinking of getting CCTV.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2018, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Men do get grumpy as they get older
Women too!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 04:52 PM

I went into all this about CCTV and security lighting when I had the Boarding Kennels and Cattery. So I know what is and what is not allowed.

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/inf...ts/35/lighting

https://www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/Counc...g-guidance.pdf
see section which states

The main beam angle of all proposed lights directed towards any potential observer should be kept below 70 degrees. It should be noted that the higher
the mounting height, the lower the main beam angle could be. This will help
reduce the effect of glare and light spill on neighbouring dwellings, passing
motorists, pedestrians, etc. Lighting should be directed to minimise and
preferably avoid light spillage onto neighbouring properties. Wherever
possible use floodlights with asymmetric beams that permit the front glazing to
be kept at or near parallel to the surface being lit.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top