Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Re: Islamaphobia

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

An awful lot of the Islamic Community are also opposed to the Niqab.
Yes... and Johnson was against it being banned as he said in the article.

Which I thought was badly written.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
As a humanist, I’ve no time for any religion, but this type of rhetoric plays right into the extremists hands.

How ?
We dont want extremists here if they dont like it they can get out and go live in a reactionary tyrannical Islamic regime which would be more suited to them .
For the sake of balance what next? Banning Orthodox Jew dress? Banning Sikh turbans? Buddhist monk dress? Etc.
What balance ?
None of the above listed cover the face and thereby are not grossly offensive to women .
I as a woman am offended by the face coverings it throws quite literally in the face all of woman's struggles for equality and has NO place in a modern liberated society .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 02:19 PM

I wonder whether you have read this yet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...hnson&ns_fee=0

I've always thought him a prat but that's neither here or there - it's what his party decides should happen that matters!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What balance ?
None of the above listed cover the face and thereby are not grossly offensive to women .
I as a woman am offended by the face coverings it throws quite literally in the face all of woman's struggles for equality and has NO place in a modern liberated society .
Unfortunately there are extremists in the UK, many of them British born, who will jump st the chance to quote Johnson however out of context. Also, in this global age, his words will be known in other countries.
I firmly believe that female equality is self evident despite what most mainstream religions say. There was a lady on the radio this morning who said that she tried the burka as part of her spiritual journey but then rejected it which is fair enough. Forcing a woman to wear one is just downright wrong in a modern liberated society as you say. My fear is that by concentrating on one religion, however abhorrent you find it, just stokes the fir.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 02:40 PM

They can quote him until the cows come home if they don't like it they are free to leave .

No one including the followers of a reactionary sky fairy has the right to be NOT offended
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-08-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I wonder whether you have read this yet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...hnson&ns_fee=0

I've always thought him a prat but that's neither here or there - it's what his party decides should happen that matters!
I think we can safely ignore silly old men ( Lord Sheikh ) who chase after waitresses 45 years their junior .
Also Baroness Warsi
An unlected woman who thinks teaching children about homosexuality will encourage same sex relationships.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 05:30 PM

What balance ?
HEAR, HEAR ! Any support of the burqa is tantamount to supporting slavery.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Although I am not a fan of Boris Johnson who so clearly means to depose Teresa May and become PM we do have still have free speech in this country .
Moreover he's wrong about the similarity between the niqab and letter boxes .
Letter boxes are far more jolly.
oh, I don't know, I get some pretty grim stuff through my letterbox

On a serious note, I don't mind Boris, I wouldn't mind him becoming PM
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh, I don't know, I get some pretty grim stuff through my letterbox

On a serious note, I don't mind Boris, I wouldn't mind him becoming PM
As a bonus that total arsehole Dominic Grieve has threatened to resign if Boris gets the job. Go for it JB.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 01:30 AM

I repeat, "there is no such thing as Islamophobia".

It is a made up word used by those who would silence us.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top