Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Re: Where you live.

One of the places where we walk:

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I live in a city but I'm on the outskirts.
I have the city centre, family and friends close by but within five minutes I can be in the countryside. 20 minutes away is the beach.

I would love to live near a city,my son does like you,and when I stay with him,he takes me to all the lovely shops,I love it,..I live in the countryside,...(boring)!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes. I wouldn't want to live in the centre of Hull. I used to visit a company there on business quite often. Amsterdam Road as I recall.
Amsterdam Road is not the centre of Hull mate. It's an industrial estate like any other in the country. Just factories and businesses.

Hull had changed a hell of a lot for the better in recent years.
Where do you live incidentally, or are you afraid to say?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:15 PM

Amsterdam Road is not the centre of Hull mate. It's an industrial estate like any other in the country. Just factories and businesses.
I know that from having been there many times.

Hull had changed a hell of a lot for the better in recent years.
Where do you live incidentally, or are you afraid to say?
The outskirts of Dunstable.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:41 PM

I know that from having been there many times.

The outskirts of Dunstable.
I guess there is some form of crime, housing problems, closing stores in Dunstable too mate. No different to Hull I wouldn't have thought.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-01-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would love to live near a city,my son does like you,and when I stay with him,he takes me to all the lovely shops,I love it,..I live in the countryside,...(boring)!
I guess I'm a 'townie", Pauline. But I do like to drive into the surrounding countryside when I can. Same as the seaside - it's a change of scene from the hustle bustle I see all week.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:45 PM

I've been to Kingston upon Hull once for a football match.It seemed OK to me.Cream telephone kiosks I remember
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I've been to Kingston upon Hull once for a football match.It seemed OK to me.Cream telephone kiosks I remember
We have our own telephone exchange, we're not part of BT and that's why the phone boxes are not red. In fact, KC Communications own the football stadium.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

07-01-2019, 10:54 PM

I guess there is some form of crime, housing problems, closing stores in Dunstable too mate. No different to Hull I wouldn't have thought.
I wouldn't want to live in the centre of any city.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-01-2019, 10:55 PM

I wouldn't want to live in the centre of any city.
There you go then. Hull is no different to any other city.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top