Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Re: Germany heading for recession ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why ?
They are no friends to us.
Because we trade with them. They also run our nuclear power stations for one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:54 PM

By the way Veolia (waste management) is another French company over here emptying our bins.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
By the way Veolia (waste management) is another French company over here emptying our bins.
If they are responsible for that in my locality, all I can say is that they don't do a terribly good job.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Hi

We need to export to earn the Foreign Currency to pay for our Imports.

A slowdown in the World Economy will affect us and our standard of living.

There is little to be gained by laughing at others when we will suffer the same.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Don't we rely on energy provided by France to keep the lights on?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-01-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If they are responsible for that in my locality, all I can say is that they don't do a terribly good job.
I brought up Shropshire and they have a 27 year contract, so I assume it's the same all round Britain. I haven't found the service to be very good either. They force the workers to rush through as the service is time limited so they get angry and throw the bins around leaving a mess. This is what happens when local authorities outsource on the cheap.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:46 PM

I brought up Shropshire and they have a 27 year contract, so I assume it's the same all round Britain. I haven't found the service to be very good either. They force the workers to rush through as the service is time limited so they get angry and throw the bins around leaving a mess. This is what happens when local authorities outsource on the cheap.
Then if the employees of an appointed company fail to do their jobs properly, an ultimatum should be given to that company by the local councils who appointed them: "either get your employees in order or your contract ends and we go with another company".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-01-2019, 06:24 PM

I doubt it's so easy. These services are procured via a regimented process and I'm sure they have some prohibitive exit clauses.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-01-2019, 07:49 PM

I doubt it's so easy. These services are procured via a regimented process and I'm sure they have some prohibitive exit clauses.
Perhaps the processes, and if necessary the law, should be changed.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:05 PM

French onion sellers on bicycles with onion strings again will. Appear on our road,. Then you know the French economy has collapsed

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top