Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:04 PM

Outdated ? Really ?

Model defends 'harmless' role at agricultural show http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46820660

A model has brushed off criticism that her appearance at an agricultural machinery show was "outdated".
At the Lamma show in Birmingham, agricultural firm Agrifac encouraged visitors to get selfies with glamorous trade show models at their stand.
One of the women, Melissa Sharp, said she had a "great time" - adding that her role at the event was "harmless".
However some objected, including estate manager David Hill, who told the BBC it felt "like a backward step".
Speaking to Radio 4's Farming Today Mr Hill, who was not at the event, said: "A lot of women are wanting to be recognised for their contribution to the industry and want to be taken seriously in a previously male-dominated industry."
■ 'Grid kids' to replace F1 'grid girls'
■ Which sports still use 'walk-on girls'?
During the exhibition Agrifac tweeted pictures of the women posing in front of agricultural machinery and with competition winners.
Karen Carter chaired her local Young Farmers club in Devon and is a volunteer for the Farming Community Network. She said she was "disappointed" when she saw the images from the show.
"It is 2019 - it is frustrating we are still having these conversations.
"I have nothing against the girls. The point is this sort of practice is outdated," she said.
Carol Lishman, director of the agricultural manufacturers Martin Lishman, tweeted: "Embarrassing photo and not great for encouraging women in this industry, disappointing this is still happening."
Kate Lord, a farm park manager from Gloucestershire, said it was "an insult to women" who work in the industry.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:42 PM

Re: Outdated ? Really ?

Honestly! Some people could start an argument in an empty room!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 09:16 PM

They did a job & they got paid for it. I can't see a problem.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 09:21 PM

I guess this is a follow on from F1 stopping the grid girls in this wonderful pc world , I’m putting my money on the BBC saying they will no longer allow crufts on air !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
, I’m putting my money on the BBC saying they will no longer allow crufts on air !
Why? Do the dogs wear mini skirts and white pvc boots?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

10-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why? Do the dogs wear mini skirts and white pvc boots?

The boxers wear shorts !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The boxers wear shorts !
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:38 PM

I wish I could afford a brand new combine harvester.

That is impressive, unless its on a rental scheme (or shared ownership).
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:02 AM

Oooh arrr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top