Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:49 AM

Want To Lose Your Vote?

If this wee Scunner of a pop star has her way that's exactly what will happen..

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...news-pensioner
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Re: Want To Lose Your Vote?

I have to admit I occasionally watch this show and was unfortunate to watch it that day, the woman's a prize fool on all topics. I don't know why they wheel her out really unless it's just that she's a really cheap guest. The idea anyone of adult age be banned from voting sends a chill down my spine, democracy and yes ours is broken at the moment requires everyone to vote IMO and I am more likely to make it mandatory than ban anyone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Older people should be allowed to vote and anyone under thirty should not be allowed to vote in my opinion....

Older people have achieved a degree in the university of life, and more wisdom than a jumped up little shit like Jamelia...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Older people should be allowed to vote and anyone under thirty should not be allowed to vote in my opinion....

Older people have achieved a degree in the university of life, and more wisdom than a jumped up little shit like Jamelia...
Good point I do think the voting age is about right though right now. But what needs to happen is take the politics out of schools and universities, I know some kids scared to say what they believe due to teachers being so pro eu or so left. And that simply isn't right, I may be left myself but that's for each person to decide not for schools to teach and propagandise about.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Eh!!...bloody cheek...I didn't see it nor do I have a clue who She is,but I suppose like a lot of younger Folk We over 75s should just be invisible as We seem to scare Them..They just can't bear to think They'll be one of Us one day.

Signed
A scunnered (almost 76 yr old).
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:44 AM

I think there is a case for there to be some kind of cognitive/intelligence test to be put in place as a prerequisite for voting.

Ideas of the sort of things that could/should be asked?

Or, indeed, questions which could lead to one not being allowed to vote if you get them correct. For example: Anyone who knows the winner of the X-Factor.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But what needs to happen is take the politics out of schools and universities, I know some kids scared to say what they believe due to teachers being so pro eu or so left. And that simply isn't right, I may be left myself but that's for each person to decide not for schools to teach and propagandise about.
Agreed. In my experience, most teachers I knew kept their own political inclinations to themselves and always offered both sides of the argument or informed pupils that they were playing "devil's advocate" during discussions. I know I did.

I'm sure that JBR will agree that we're absolutely horrified when we see some teachers contributing in Professional Association conferences espouse political views. Surely, we're meant to remain impartial in the eyes of pupils/students/parents and create the belief that, irrespective of any political situation/issue, we will always try to give a balanced view
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agreed. In my experience, most teachers I knew kept their own political inclinations to themselves and always offered both sides of the argument or informed pupils that they were playing "devil's advocate" during discussions. I know I did.

I'm sure that JBR will agree that we're absolutely horrified when we see some teachers contributing in Professional Association conferences espouse political views. Surely, we're meant to remain impartial in the eyes of pupils/students/parents and create the belief that, irrespective of any political situation/issue, we will always try to give a balanced view
Yes in my experience most teachers are apolitical but you always seem to get one that can't stop themselves. I know when my younger lad was in his last year of school he was bullied by the teacher who thought all leavers were racists,no matter what he or we said couldn't get through his head we weren't. He's still there teaching next lot of kids in the same manner, and according to a couple whose kids went onto uni locally he's tip of iceberg, they have been shocked at how political the campus is. I could never be accused of being right wing but even right wingers have a right to their views we shouldn't be shutting down debate in schools and unis.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Eh!!...bloody cheek...I didn't see it nor do I have a clue who She is,but I suppose like a lot of younger Folk We over 75s should just be invisible as We seem to scare Them..They just can't bear to think They'll be one of Us one day.

Signed
A scunnered (almost 76 yr old).
I knew you'd not be a chuffed wee bunny to hear this May I didn't know about it either till I turned on the car radio on my way to the forest for the dogs walk. Anyway it was being discussed on the "Call Kay" on Radio Scotland, I almost drove into the ditch when I heard what was being discussed,
The sheer arrogance of the wee madam just astounded me. I mean…….How Bloody Dare she.
She'd better watch her back or she may end up picking her teeth up of the ground before much longer..She's done herself no favours saying that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Jamelia is an expert in cocking things up, getting sacked, losing her man etc, just another thing to put on her CV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top