Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Segregation

Is it now time to have separate buses , train carriages , restaurants , pubs ... possibly jobs , schools , everything ... two totally separate society’s running parallel to another ... we shall call them leavers and remainers
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Re: Segregation

Nah no need oddly I find I am alone in wanting to leave where I work but no one has been nasty about it we discuss and agree to differ, it's only on forums and internet it gets out of hand.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:52 PM

A little too political for me.
Sorry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Maybe but your ticket might not necessarily get you to where you thought you were going.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:20 PM

OMG! Just the thought of it.

Which group would be expected to be relegated to the back seats only on our lucky to arrive on time never mind separate transport, and which would be expected to give their seat up to the other group to prevent them having to stand?

Makes me think back to the many rows on my packed commuter train when people removed reservation tickets from the seats because it didn't cost that person who had reserved the seat, probably out for the day, a single penny to reserve their comfy seat on the commuter special, while the commuters themselves were paying hundreds if not thousands of pounds packed in like sardines and treated like cattle! The guard always gave up and hid for the journey.

Just imagine with two divided groups! The mind boggles.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:26 PM

I lived in S.Africa when there was apartheid, this is a stupid suggestion, it actually makes me feel physically sick that anyone would think of it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I lived in S.Africa when there was apartheid, this is a stupid suggestion, it actually makes me feel physically sick that anyone would think of it.
I know what you mean TessA, but I hope the question was just asked to be humorous about Brexit.
You and I voted differently, but I hope we could still have a friendly chat on a bus.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Apartheid was never funny TessA, but I'm sure the thread is meant to be just a bit of humour, similar to Basil Fawlty and his "don't mention the war!"
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well it seems to me leavers are simply to be ignored , are ignorant, stupid, thick .... are a second class citizen from what I can see, their vote counts for nothing , they are simply ignored so why not go the full way ???
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 08:33 PM

Buses, trains, pubs ... that's the real world. Brexit divisions are cyberspace only in my world.

I wouldn't get into brexit talk with my own family let alone mates down the pub or neighbours over the fence ... it would be like asking who they tend to vote for in general elections. My parents taught me when I was little that such questions were rude (best left unasked). OK we might say OMG what a farce, more charades to come. Then move ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top