Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Re: A U-turn by Barnier ?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
At it's heart the EU is still a trade organisation, with negotiators that have just one objective, the best for their own. Wether that "own" consists of 28 or 27 members is a totally irrelevant issue.
Surely you jest!!!

It has been obvious from the day we joined the EEC and then the subsequent treaties & agreements to transform it into the EU,which were either fiddled so that the electorates weren't allowed to vote on, or threatened if they didn't agree, that the ultimate aim was to produce a Eurostate; and that economic ties were simply a cover
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Solasch, you have made it clear that your desire to keep us in the EU, is to benefit workers in your own country, but never explained why you think that benefit should be provided by people of the UK!
The more you demonstrate that EU countries want us to remain, the more we believe that we are wise to get out.

I have to say that reading your posts makes me even more determined to leave..... even in the remote chance of another referendum!
A hard brexit will hit the people of the netherlands more than other EU countries. Our economic institute has calculated that everyone of our households will suffer approx. € 300 per year. How you rate such an amount depends on your income of course.
I'm sorry for the people of the UK, because they will suffer from the brexit effects. Everyone with half a brain can see that. Apparently it is in the nature of many british people to distrust the EU as much as you (rightly) distrust your own government. I pity you for that, and so do many of us in the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Surely you jest!!!

It has been obvious from the day we joined the EEC and then the subsequent treaties & agreements to transform it into the EU,which were either fiddled so that the electorates weren't allowed to vote on, or threatened if they didn't agree, that the ultimate aim was to produce a Eurostate; and that economic ties were simply a cover
I don't jest. And you are right, the common market was and is the vehicle for the EU to achieve more integration between the peoples within the EU. There never was any secret about that.
But to know that, you should have done what the britons were never strong of, namely reading about people and issues outside of the british islands.
Therefore your politicians could lie to you in 1975, and none the wiser. In 2016 more people saw through the lies, but were outvoted by 4%.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well considering the uk as a member of the EU ISNT ALLOWED TO ENTER INTO TRADE DEALS..... doh !!!!!

But let’s not forget there are three in this marriage .... the uk ... the other European nations ...AND THE EU , the unelected political machine .

As the clock ticks down to no deal we are now seeing German car workers facing closure... hundreds of small factories right across Europe seeing THEIR BIGGEST CUSTOMER leave .... and so now we are getting down to the realities and they are starting to ask their governments to keep a deal FOR THEIR SAKE !!!!

The Eu is being pressured from the nations , now without saying I told you so ( but every leaver did say this two years ago ..... simply leave leave leave and THEY WILL COME SEEKING A DEAL !!!!!! ) we are now starting to see what ...oh I’m trying to think of a catchy little phrase ... erm ... got it ...

NO DEAL IS BETTER THAN A BAD DEAL MR BARMY’EH
It would be a very welcome bonus if a successful Brexit proved to be the primary cause of the dissolution of the EU dictatorship.

The independent nations of Europe could then get back to trading together on agreed terms for their common benefit.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Apparently it is in the nature of many british people to distrust the EU as much as you (rightly) distrust your own government. I pity you for that, and so do many of us in the EU.
You can pity all you like but you only have yourselves to blame. You created a corrupt political union which went far far beyond the realms and remit of a Common Market trade organisation. You were asked to reform countless times, but refused to. As a direct result of YOUR actions and undertakings the EU is now collapsing. It begins with the UK, being as ever the nation strong enough to stand up to bullies and it will be followed by countless other Exits.

In the end then, it is we that pity you. We pity the member states that will be left behind in this corrupt state as the rules will of course be changed to ensure that it becomes next to impossible for subsequent member states to leave the EU.

It will get ugly before it gets better.

Your Project Fear doom and gloom rhetoric is laughable and tiresome. We don't need to be told, WE KNOW we will be initially worse off but we equally know that further down the line, as a free and independent nation once more, we will reap the benefits and be the envy of the member states still locked into the regime.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU has offered us a deal.

The standard WTO Free Trade Deal, the one they have just got with Japan, South Korea and Canada.

We have refused it.

I would like to know why.

It is the same type of Deal we are hoping to arrange with Non EU Countries.

No payments, no Free Movement and no ECJ.

It would mean that our existing manufacturing and agriculture Trade would continue without Tariffs.
I think I can answer that.

The reason is that May, along with her cohorts, would like us to remain under the rule of the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-01-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It would be a very welcome bonus if a successful Brexit proved to be the primary cause of the dissolution of the EU dictatorship.

The independent nations of Europe could then get back to trading together on agreed terms for their common benefit.
In any case it has enriched the german language. A new word in their dictonary, meaning, to say goodbye but not leave. You guessed right, the word is brexit.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 10:18 PM

Trade deals EU : trade deals UK

40 : 0
Suggest you get on the same page

Brexit: How many trade deals has the UK done? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46949431

11% ..... just 11% !!!!

The government estimates that about 11% of UK's trade relies on the EU's agreements with other countries.

A big world out there and your saying we need 11% ? And as the Eu largest customer , worlds 5th economy .... I’d say we have been shackled and a cash cow to the Eu for too long
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Brexit: How many trade deals has the UK done? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46949431

11% ..... just 11% !!!!

The government estimates that about 11% of UK's trade relies on the EU's agreements with other countries.

A big world out there and your saying we need 11% ? And as the Eu largest customer , worlds 5th economy .... I’d say we have been shackled and a cash cow to the Eu for too long
Why can't the government accept that?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-01-2019, 10:39 PM

11% ..... just 11% !!!!

A little bit of research is beneficial, as swim has often pointed out. 45% of UK trade is export to EU countries. 11% depends on EU free trade contracts. 24% is services for EU countries. 20% is trade with other countries through ports of rotterdam, hamburg.
In conclusion, you are 100% dependent on the EU.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top