Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Re: The Post Brexit Insurance Conundrum

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I said we can novate agreements with 3rd party countries I did not say it was the norm.

It was you who said we don't have enough trade negotiatiors so we would have no trade deals, I simply made the case for using novation to get around this in the short term. It's perfectly OK to do as we have seen in the example I posted regarding the insurance agreement with Switzerland.

You will also find that we have novated agreements with other countries such as Japan and Singapore (plus Canada, Australia which are ongoing). The problem you have is that your getting worried things wont be as bad as you think they will be (or hope they will be ?)

At the end of the day the WTO is there for a reason, and it works very well. 98% of countries use it to trade between each other. The EU, as we are finding out is moving its 27 member states to a no deal Brexit because its simply useless at negotiating anything.
You needn't worry. As long as you stay in the customs union you don't need UK negotiators. Those from the EU will do the work for you.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...customs-union/
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmittee-report
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You needn't worry. As long as you stay in the customs union you don't need UK negotiators. Those from the EU will do the work for you.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...customs-union/
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mmittee-report
The last thing we need is EU negotiators. So far they have only managed about 5 in 40 years
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:34 PM

The last thing we need is EU negotiators. So far they have only managed about 5 in 40 years
Counting is another weak point of yours it seems. The number is 40 with 70 countries. You should read swim's replies to your posts. Another weak point, reading?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 06:49 PM

I said we can novate agreements with 3rd party countries I did not say it was the norm.

It was you who said we don't have enough trade negotiatiors so we would have no trade deals, I simply made the case for using novation to get around this in the short term. It's perfectly OK to do as we have seen in the example I posted regarding the insurance agreement with Switzerland.

You will also find that we have novated agreements with other countries such as Japan and Singapore (plus Canada, Australia which are ongoing). The problem you have is that your getting worried things wont be as bad as you think they will be (or hope they will be ?)

At the end of the day the WTO is there for a reason, and it works very well. 98% of countries use it to trade between each other. The EU, as we are finding out is moving its 27 member states to a no deal Brexit because its simply useless at negotiating anything.
These are your words;
Looks like novation agreements between the UK and other 3rd countries are becoming the norm”

You seem not to know what you have said or what you are saying

There are no novated agreements. They are a figment of your imagination. Novating the agreements would require the EU to consent to the novation which they would never do as it would terminate their agreement with whichever third party the agreement was with

Similarly the EU would not consent to the agreements being assigned

They can however be replicated or plagiarised depending on how you view it

No doubt you will still fail to grasp that nobsgreements have been or will be novated but at least I’m beginning to understand why you voted leave
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:20 PM

It's utter garbage - the 27 are watching it make a complete pigs ear of the UK withdrawal bill and forcing it to walk away with no deal and taking 39 billion off the table.

Slow hand claps all round for that one.

Meanwhile here come higher tariffs on German cars from the USA....
Hi

We are the ones walking away with No Deal, not the EU.

We are the ones who set our red lines, not the EU.

Barnier, the office boy as you call him, is not useless, he has run rings round the UK.

The EU have not only done 5 Free Trade Deals in 40 years.

We do not have a novation agreement with Japan.

My issue is not with Brexit, it is with the incompetent way our Politicians have dealt with it.

Taking back control was a key issue, reducing EU Immigration.

We leave in a few weeks, Border Control have stated that they will not even have a system in place to tell which are new EU Migrants and which are existing ones returning here.

That is an absolute disgrace.

Other Countries are not coming running, Liam Fox has publicly stated that, we are having problems with existing Trade Deals, let alone new ones.

The UK has been seriously let down by our Politicians.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:20 PM

It's utter garbage - the 27 are watching it make a complete pigs ear of the UK withdrawal bill and forcing it to walk away with no deal and taking 39 billion off the table.

Slow hand claps all round for that one.

Meanwhile here come higher tariffs on German cars from the USA....
There is a deal on the table: it is the UK that is threatening to walk away. The threat to walk away isa legitimate negotiation tool but walking away usually means staying as you were. This is not the case for Brexit as every forecast indicated that whilst it will affect the EU the impact on the UK will be much lager as a proportion of GDP. Ireland will take a fairly big hit but no doubt the EU will provide some form of relief to soften the blow

As far as the German car industry goes about 70% of the people I work with have German cars. Mainly Mercedes, Audi and BMzw but there are a few Porsche and VWs as well.
We’ve discussed tariffs and none have said that tariffs would stop them buying or leasing as most do nowadays. Yhete is quite s brand loyalty with BMW in particular
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
There is a deal on the table: it is the UK that is threatening to walk away. The threat to walk away isa legitimate negotiation tool but walking away usually means staying as you were.
Waking away is not a threat. We voted in a referendum, we voted Leave, so there is no threat, just the acceptance that we are leaving. Doesn't matter how.

This is not the case for Brexit as every forecast indicated that whilst it will affect the EU the impact on the UK will be much lager as a proportion of GDP. Ireland will take a fairly big hit but no doubt the EU will provide some form of relief to soften the blow
Project Fear . . . yawn. We know it will be difficult. We are prepared to go through that pain to break away from your corrupt federal state.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:40 PM

There is a deal on the table: it is the UK that is threatening to walk away. The threat to walk away isa legitimate negotiation tool but walking away usually means staying as you were. This is not the case for Brexit as every forecast indicated that whilst it will affect the EU the impact on the UK will be much lager as a proportion of GDP. Ireland will take a fairly big hit but no doubt the EU will provide some form of relief to soften the blow

As far as the German car industry goes about 70% of the people I work with have German cars. Mainly Mercedes, Audi and BMzw but there are a few Porsche and VWs as well.
We’ve discussed tariffs and none have said that tariffs would stop them buying or leasing as most do nowadays. Yhete is quite s brand loyalty with BMW in particular
They won't buy a BMW when it costs an extra 10 grand.

The deal on the table does not have a majority in parliament. In case you hadn't noticed it got voted down by 230 votes it's that bad

Another fine example of the EU failing to negotiate
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:54 PM

The deal on the table does not have a majority in parliament. In case you hadn't noticed it got voted down by 230 votes it's that bad

There never was any negotiation, that is all just smoke and mirrors pantomime. The EU imo created the deal as a way to keep us in by stealth, their MO. It has been rejected.

They will now tell May to extend Article 50 and draft another fudge deal that again doesn't really see us properly leave the EU.

No Deal is our only way out but they are manoeuvring to deny us that legal option.
Banchory
Kent

25-01-2019, 09:01 PM

They won't buy a BMW when it costs an extra 10 grand.

Assuming a 10% tariff then £10k on a £100k car or £5k on a £50k car would not worry them

Then again a lot of Brexiteers are advocating zero tariffs on imports. Not something I would agree with but hey ho keeps the cost down

One of my cars is an American made ford that was subject to EU WTO tariffs and it didn’t put me off buying it

Lastly, one of the guys has spoken to a dealership that has assured him that there are options available to maintain sales and that the rapid fall in diesel sales is more concerning.

As I said, it’s the UK that does not want a deal. The EU is a seasoned negotiator with a much stronger hand than the UK. Dyson saw this and “futureproofed” his company to maintain tariff free acces to Europe and get lower tax and less regulation as well

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top