Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Re: This is what will happen

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It of course has a Constitution and has had it for 100s of years. It is not unfortunately summarised or encoded into one single document but is in many parts. The Magna Carta, Declaration Of Rights, Bill Of Rights, Common Law and so on.

Corrupt politicians have ignored it. They should be made accountable.
Seems a bit littery and inefficient. Our parliament, but also individual citizens can have new (proposed) laws be checked for compliance with the constitution by judges. The constitution itself cannot be judged by court(s). Only parliament can change the constitution, but it takes two subsequent cabinets to do. So it takes more than 4-8 years to realise.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 07:35 PM

I reckon we are headed for No Deal or No Brexit... take your pick.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I reckon we are headed for No Deal or No Brexit... take your pick.
It seems a majority in the commons doesn't want a no deal. So it is either may's deal or no brexit.
The blaming game has begun. May has been playing it cleverly. If she goes to the EU they will send her away. She then can say to the house and british people: look I did my best, but that rotten EU just won't budge. Forgetting it is her own red lines that define the deal.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top