Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Led By Donkeys

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Donkeys indeed!

Doesn't negate the need to leave the EU ,however.

The incompetence of politicians in the UK is an issue we have been struggling with for decades.

The expenses scandal was a warning, Blair's folly's another as was the great economic financial mismanagement of the Labour Govt that gave the Tories the excuse to impose Austerity measures.

Politicians' incompetence is no reason to deny our democratic choice.
As the accompanying article states:

“It began at the pub: the campaign to shame Brexit's biggest 'donkeys

It’s too big a task to shame them all
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:13 PM

When I first read the article I thought it was made up quotes but I checked a couple and it appears that they are actual tweets from the named pollies.

Absolutely amazing that they could be so completely wrong about such major points. With hindsight I find it hard to believe that the Irish border wasn't seen as a problem from day one but it seems to have only been recognised quite late in the piece (though that might be because I am far from the "action" -thank god)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Strange that all the quotations originate from members of the scumbag 'nasty party' - just shows us all the lack of intelligence amongst them !!!
Maybe it's because the Loonies have not been in power for almost a decade.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Ahhh - but that's the problem - the cretins are in charge (for the moment)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ahhh - but that's the problem - the cretins are in charge (for the moment)
That must be the problem - you only get a choice between loonies and cretins. Explains everything.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When I first read the article I thought it was made up quotes but I checked a couple and it appears that they are actual tweets from the named pollies.

Absolutely amazing that they could be so completely wrong about such major points. With hindsight I find it hard to believe that the Irish border wasn't seen as a problem from day one but it seems to have only been recognised quite late in the piece (though that might be because I am far from the "action" -thank god)
Some were tweets others interview or speech quotes or public meeting reports. There are subtexts under each billboard.

The whole dratted project has not been thought through. But then there is a long history of rushing into big projects having done insufficient research and planning.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Some were tweets others interview or speech quotes or public meeting reports. There are subtexts under each billboard.

The whole dratted project has not been thought through. But then there is a long history of rushing into big projects having done insufficient research and planning.
Brexiters on this forum constantly tell that before the referendum they were fully informed about the consequences of brexit. How come people with the best access to independent information, were so wide beside the mark?
And in that, knowing or unknowingly, misled their followers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Brexiters on this forum constantly tell that before the referendum they were fully informed about the consequences of brexit. How come people with the best access to independent information, were so wide beside the mark?

Because it's an extremely complex project. But people prefer to simplify the complex to make the unfeasible feasible. It's the same approach when you start to discuss crashing out. People who point out the obvious are accused of being "project fear" blah, etc.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:37 PM

They said that about the miners in the 80's strike, "Lions led by donkeys"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Is coming out any more complicated than staying in?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top