Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:30 PM

Visiting and visitors

If you visit someone and they don't offer you even a glass of water and a garibaldi (the worst kind of biscuit imo) do you get miffed? Would you say something?

If someone visits you do you always offer them a drink and something nibblish?

I always ask people if they want a cuppa and at least a digestive, workmen always get asked, but then they usually feel it's ok to ask to use the loo.

Why do we offer food and drink and not a pair of socks, a newspaper, a back rub or anything else?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Re: Visiting and visitors

Tess the something else worries me.

Yes, I always offer tea or coffee, I generally get offered the same, when I visit others.

Although Tess, if you came to visit me, I might offer you some wind chimes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:34 PM

I always offer a cuppa whether it's tradesmen, family or friends. I did once offer tea or coffee to a young tradesman who refused saying that he only drank Coke and that tea was for old folks.

As for offering back-rubs, you obviously haven't been to my house.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:35 PM

I offer a drink to anyone who comes here, friend or workman, seems the polite thing to do. I never visit anyone by chance so it doesn't apply to me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:37 PM

I have to add that as an ex-tradesman, I have also poured a few cups of tea down the sink.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:38 PM

Yes! as part of my job I would have to visit peoples houses from time to time to look at their computer stuff as some worked from home, the welcome would vary quite a bit, I am happy with a cuppa and a biscuit to be honest but at one I got a full tray of tea, scones with jam and cream on and other cakes , at another that I had driven ages to get to the miserable sod offered me nothing at all.......
Whenever someone comes to the house to do a job I always offer them a cuppa and some biscuits
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Don't tell anyone but at one job I was doing, the woman washed and ironed my old jeans that I had left on site.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:45 PM

I always offer tea, coffee or a soft drink to visitors. I usually make a cake, if l know someone is coming and have biscuits on hand too.

I sometimes refuse a cup of tea at people’s houses and ask for a glass of water instead. This is because l have drank a few cups of rank tea at peoples houses over the years!
Thanks but No Thanks!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't tell anyone but at one job I was doing, the woman washed and ironed my old jeans that I had left on site.
Hmmmm, what were you wearing when you left her house? Pink dressing gown?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

12-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote Sweetie Pie:
Although Tess, if you came to visit me, I might offer you some wind chimes.[/QUOTE]

I might offer to choke you with them!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top