Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Re: More transitioning people

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I just wish that men who become women would take some advice on how to dress and how to do their makeup. Unfortunately they sometimes end up looking like a clown rather than a woman although I'm sure they think they look great. I wonder if there is any advice given on this sort of thing when they are going through the process?
I don't know LD but I'd like to help them, still if they want to look different it's up to them.

I look in the mirror sometimes and think I look good, then someone takes a photo!
It's bit like men with comb overs

Then there's this new eyebrow thing...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't know LD but I'd like to help them, still if they want to look different it's up to them.

I look in the mirror sometimes and think I look good, then someone takes a photo!
It's bit like men with comb overs

Then there's this new eyebrow thing...
I think we all get that Tessa, when we think we look better than we actually do and don't get me started on the caterpillar brows.

There was a transgender serving in a well know shop a few weeks ago, her make up looked like she had fallen into a box of chalks and she was hobbling around on ridiculously high shoes. I'm sure a bit of advice could have helped her in that case. The worst thing is, she was serving on the makeup counter.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:13 AM

I think we all get that Tessa, when we think we look better than we actually do and don't get me started on the caterpillar brows.

There was a transgender serving in a well know shop a few weeks ago, her make up looked like she had fallen into a box of chalks and she was hobbling around on ridiculously high shoes. I'm sure a bit of advice could have helped her in that case. The worst thing is, she was serving on the makeup counter.
Oh dear! Did she find you the shade you wanted LD?

I'm always amazed at RuPaul, she looks better than a lot of "celebrity" women.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Oh dear! Did she find you the shade you wanted LD?

I'm always amazed at RuPaul, she looks better than a lot of "celebrity" women.
As usual, they've stopped selling my colour.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-02-2019, 11:23 AM

Tsk! Try mixing your own, like paint
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:26 AM

I just wish that men who become women would take some advice on how to dress and how to do their makeup. Unfortunately they sometimes end up looking like a clown rather than a woman although I'm sure they think they look great. I wonder if there is any advice given on this sort of thing when they are going through the process?
Look at these beauties.

Our theatre company did a production of this (La Cage Aux Folles) in the 1990's . We hired these original costumes, at a cost of £20,000 the make up artists came with the costumes.

Good or bad, unfortunate for some or not, nearly all the cast changed sides, and batted for the other side a couple of moths later. Wives left their husbands, husbands left their wives, some went trans, it was mayhem within the company.. One poor guy , our best singer, got such a shock at his wife going off with another woman he lost his voice for months and couldn't sing again.

These are all men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_aeHusrZeY
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-02-2019, 11:33 AM

They were very good! The ones who needed to feel feminine must have felt liberated.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Perhaps humans are evolving.

I just had a ponder, how many women wear slacks, tracky bottoms etc. jumpers, t-shirts, short hair, no make up because it's what makes them feel comfy?
Sauce for the goose...

Sorry Tess, but I think that is entirely different.
I for one, don't wear slacks/jeans/joggers or whatever because I am transitioning, I can assure you.

I wear them to keep my legs warm, and I'd rather not show me bloomers to the world when I am gardening.
Also of course, with the dogs jumping up it is more practical.

A man doesn't wear women's clothing for any of those reasons.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:38 AM

I always remember my brother, who was in the Royal Navy at the time, bringing home a colour photograph that he and his mates took of a "Ladyman" (that's what they were referred as) in Boogey Street, Singapore. These Ladymen charged to have their photograph taken in the street, which in turn helped towards the cost of the operations for their change.My brother and mates couldn't believe what they were seeing. (remember, this was 45 years ago and nothing like this was known here).

I do remember that I was only in my twenties at the time and I stood looking at this photo in bewilderment and yes, envy!! this oriental young man had completed his transformation (to the beholders' eyes) and looked an absolute beauty. I would have defied anyone to tell that he was not born a natural woman. Slim, in a tight-fitting dress, lovely natural breasts with cleavage, long slender stockingless legs, shoulder-length glossy black hair, make-up low-key and flawless,and with the looks and beauty of any of the models (Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton) at the time.

Perhaps they could let the modern day gender changers into their secrets of how to do it correctly. It certainly shocked me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am beginning to wonder now, as there are so many different permutations of sexuality that, it isn’t because people are doing it because it’s a fad. I think, something has happened in the last twenty or thirty years that more people are being born differently.

People will say, ‘lt did exist years ago but it was kept quiet’. Maybe so, but l don’t think there were as many different types of sexuality as there are now.

I have wondered much the same Art.
I even wondered whether it is to do with our water supply, or even technology, or both.

I read somewhere ages ago about men should not with laptops on their lap, not without a tray or some protection underneath the lap top. Apparently it was found it was damaging sperm.

Same with mobile phones kept in trouser pockets.

I would never keep my mobile in a breast pocket next to my heart either.

All the techno phobs can argue about that, it matters not, I am just saying I won't do it.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top