Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 09:16 AM

Re: Self Lacing Trainers.

I'll sometimes spend a fair bit when buying trainers but wouldn't buy self-lacing ones.

I find trainer laces can be tied in such a way that they never need untying when taken off, or tying up when put back on.

It's a matter of getting the laces to just the right tightness and then they can be slipped on and off.

A shoe horn is good if the laces are a bit tight for slipping the trainers on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'll sometimes spend a fair bit when buying trainers but wouldn't buy self-lacing ones.

I find trainer laces can be tied in such a way that they never need untying when taken off, or tying up when put back on.

It's a matter of getting the laces to just the right tightness and then they can be slipped on and off.

A shoe horn is good if the laces are a bit tight for slipping the trainers on.
I agree. I do that all the time, it drives Mrs LD mad.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:04 AM

No! No! a thousand times no!
Training/running shoes should always be untied when removing them and freshly tied when putting them on.
The size of feet vary from day to day and the tension of the laces must be adjusted accordingly.
Wrongly adjusted laces would seriously damage the foot after ten miles of running.......Just another gimmick to justify the exorbitant prices now charged for a 'Top of the range' shoe.
Why do people fall for this sh*t......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Training/running shoes should always be untied when removing them and freshly tied when putting them on.
The size of feet vary from day to day and the tension of the laces must be adjusted accordingly.
Wrongly adjusted laces would seriously damage the foot after ten miles of running.......Just another gimmick to justify the exorbitant prices now charged for a 'Top of the range' shoe.
Foxy? I have been a size 9 for years now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Foxy? I have been a size 9 for years now.
Yes I know Longdogs, and so have I, but there are subtle changes going on all the time not necessarily affecting the length of your foot but the girth.....Never mind the quality, feel the width.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Yes I know Longdogs, and so have I, but there are subtle changes going on all the time not necessarily affecting the length of your foot but the girth.....Never mind the quality, feel the width.....
Yes, I do get it. Anyone running should make sure their foot wear is correct. As for me though, I only walk to Sainsbury's and back.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:25 AM

If I was a runner, I suppose might have to change my 'laces' strategy. I never run though, so can get away with it. It works OK for cycling, walking and working on our friend's allotment.

The trainers I buy are usually size 10 Merrells. Not the cheapest but I do a lot of walking and have found the heels last longer than the heels on less expensive trainers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 12:05 PM

Very true, Gorgeous Fox. I was always taught you should never buy shoes of any kind in the afternoon - as your feet change/swell throughout the day and could be anything up to half a size larger by tea time. If I am shopping for shoes I always do it in the bright and earlys!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-02-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Very true, Gorgeous Fox. I was always taught you should never buy shoes of any kind in the afternoon - as your feet change/swell throughout the day and could be anything up to half a size larger by tea time. If I am shopping for shoes I always do it in the bright and earlys!
This is true. It's a bit like shopping for a sofa. Anything feels comfortable after walking around for four hours.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top