Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 10:14 PM

A really good idea

I was watching a programme on tv this evening about saving money. One gardner said that you can fill the cardboard toilet roll insides with compost and put carrot or leek seeds in them, when the plants are big enough to plant out you put them in the ground still in their cardboard covers.m These particular plants don't like to have their roots disturbed when planting out. The cardboard rots into the ground and bob's your uncle.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Re: A really good idea

My SIL plants his seeds like that every year and thinks it's a more successful way than sowing them straight into the soil.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Really sounds like a good idea so the saving of the toilet roll innards starts today..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 10:54 PM

You could save your kitchen roll innards as well, just cut them in half
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 11:02 PM

I do that with my runner beans, they then go into a plastic container with gravel on the bottom and a plastic bag over the top
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 11:38 PM

Bye Jove Misses thats a bril idea, arent people clever.Give that woman a Banana
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Sounds like a Plan to me.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

31-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Bye Jove Misses thats a bril idea, arent people clever.Give that woman a Banana
Can't take the credit for this one. There is a new programme on Channel 4 Monday nights telling you all sorts of ideas how to save money. This was one of the ideas another was to clean your windshield and wipers with meths will make them clean and sparkle removing all grime and dead things.

The other idea I liked was to ring up your broadband provider or mobile phone company and say that you want a discount on your existing plan several people tried it on the programme and when they suggested that they would go elsewhere were offered better terms.

The conversation started 'I think I am paying too much for your service' This worked on Sky as if you have a plan including sports channels they just don't want to lose you.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I do that with my runner beans, they then go into a plastic container with gravel on the bottom and a plastic bag over the top
We do exactly the same
I also think that 'phoning the service providers is an excellent idea
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

31-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Next week they are going to talk about mobile phones and the different packages you can get. It seems like it is going to be an excellent programme showing how you can get cheap holidays by house swapping and cooking cheap pieces of meat including liver and kidney.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top